cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirginMedia not honouring broadband contract

bhattijackson
Joining in

I am a virgin customer and my contract (500mb for £35) is coming to an end in June. I spoke to virgin but didn't get a decent offer so I decided to give a cancellation notice. Then I received a Volt offer on my online account for 1gig broadband (£35) and 02 Sim 100gb data (£15) for £50 a month which I accepted and went through the checkout process. I then received emails confirming the new package and contracts stating the package and prices. After a few days I tried to call and chat with virgin as I didn't receive the new router but but the customer service people cannot see any offer or the 1gig package on my account. They keep offering me a £62 Volt package for 1gig and 02 sim 4GB data. I juat don't understand how they can offer something and then just straight up not honor it. Please could someone help me with this issue or if someonehas an answer to this?

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bhattijackson, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums page! 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with the incorrect package and package price. 😞
I'll look in to this for you and see what has happened - I'll send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

StephenDa
Joining in

I can relate to your concern about how they can offer something, you accept and then they dont honour it,,, i was going to leave before the april price hike, but they offered me no increase and slightly lower payments which influenced me to stay for the last four months of my contract at which point i could negotiate another deal..... they lied basically and charged me a diffrent price that was agreed over the phone. For the next month i was charged correctly but the following month they overcharged me on what i was supposed to be charged,,, when i queried it they said the agent made a mistake and that they wouldnt budge and that i could leave at the end of my contract if that was my decision... Virgin are now becoming a coniving business, lying to customers to keep their custom... i hope you sort your issue out... for me i am gone i think