Menu
Demetria
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin wont accept responsibility for wrong name on contract

I signed up to Virgin broadband today over the phone. The contract they sent via email as a totally different surname to mine. I have no idea how they got the name 'Jones' as it's nothing like my name.

Rather than accepting this as an error on their part, phone operator and chatperson are insisting I must complete a Change of details form - as if I am responsible for error or have changed my circumstances.

I do not believe it is reasonable for Virgin to ask me to complete this form as they were more than able to get my bank details, house number and mobile phone, which are all registered to the correct surname.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin wont accept responsibility for wrong name on contract

Unfortunately even if Virgin Media made the mistake it is the suggested path for correcting such an error, see How do I change my Virgin Media account holder details?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Demetria
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin wont accept responsibility for wrong name on contract

Thanks for the reply. I guess this is probably what I'll have to do. I still find their attitude offensive though, especially as each time I've had to spell my name out phonetically to them. Their version of my name is quite disrespectful in that regard.

0 Kudos