cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin will not respond to my requests to cancel my contract

AngryHomeMover
Joining in

I have moved house. I have repeatedly requested to cancel my contract. I have had no response from Virgin Media for over a month.  So I cancelled my direct debit.  I have received an email saying I will now be fined. After lengthy waits on the phone, I have finally spoken to 3 people today who have all said I must pay the cancelled direct debit before my contract can be cancelled.  I have refused.  I have been told this will affect my credit rating and will be subject to debt collection.  I have been told Virgin has no complaints department and I can only complain by writing to an address in Swansea.  I have been told there is no manager available to speak to but that one might call me today so 'to keep my line open.' I will not pay Virgin Media any more money.  The closing service is appalling but if you want to extend your package you get through to someone very quickly.  I hope someone who sees this will resolve this issue quickly or I will take this further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: see How to make a complaint | Virgin Media Help ― do familiarise yourself with the Consumer Complaints Code of Practice | Legal | Virgin Media and make sure to progress the complaint.

Do consider also:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AngryHomeMover, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you wish to cancel the service and for your experience when contacting the team. 

I am afraid that cancelling the direct debit does not mean the Virgin Media services will be disconnected and can result in multiple bills and additional charges on the account. 

Unfortunately we are unable to process your cancellation from here as this is completed by our dedicated team. 

Have you been able to raise a complaint regarding this matter? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I have not raised a complaint as I was told Virgin Media does not have a complaint department. How do I make a complaint? 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: see How to make a complaint | Virgin Media Help ― do familiarise yourself with the Consumer Complaints Code of Practice | Legal | Virgin Media and make sure to progress the complaint.

Do consider also:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply AngryHomeMover. 

For information on how to raise a complaint, please see the response from 用心棒.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. 

Thanks, 

Nat