Menu
Toilet-Duck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin unavailable even though neighbour has it? (New build)

Hi, 

Just wondering if someone can help, I'm looking to move into my new property soon and wanting to get some services setup before I move so I can start enjoying my new house when I've fully moved in.

I've tried checking BT but the speeds would be painfully slow (less than 3mb) so wanted virgin services again at my new property. Each time I check on the checker it states the property cannot be serviced even though the neighbour next door (older property not new build) has full virgin services. I've rang the sales team but I was told this would not be "cost effective" due the digging required to lay the cable after they checked with their engineers.

Does anyone know the cost to pay for this directly to virgin, I just don't understand if the neighbour right next door has full virgin services but I'm told I cannot, it is litrally right next door.

My work requires quick internet. I have tried to register my interest twice but to know success, so I have decided to take to the forums to see if I can get any help here (keeps fingers crossed).

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin unavailable even though neighbour has it? (New build)

Hi Toilet-Duck

Thanks for popping by. Wanting services with us and not being able to have them does drive some of our potential new customers round the bend a bit so it's great that you came to us Smiley Very Happy

I'd be happy to help out if I can it's totally not a drain on our time.

I understand if the teams have stated this is not cost effective that the answer may be an outright no, but I'd like to check for you to see if this is still the case so don't 'loo's' hope Smiley Wink

All toilet jokes aside, I've popped a PM to you that you can find on the top right hand side of the forums and if you can pop back to me on this that would be fab!

It's in the purple envelope.

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin unavailable even though neighbour has it? (New build)

Hi Toilet-Duck

Thanks for your post to us Smiley Very Happy

If you need us to look into this for you pop back to me on the PM I sent last week on Wed.

Just FYI I am off after today till next Monday so if I don't catch you today it'll be next week before I can support further on this one.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos