Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin trying to rip me off: contract was £23.95 trying to come me £50

haseebkayani39
Tuning in

Not a happy new customer at all:

My installation was Saturday 4th July 2021

direct debit was set up: March 2021

They said The offer was saved for 6 months and I could call anytime to take up the special online offer of £23.95 as was still with contract with vodaphone

After many phone calls Sunday and contract  agreed was £23.95 but today to my shock checking email billing/future billing is around £50. They want to charge me double 

i have evidence by email and phone calls that contract was £23.95 but virgin media want evidence of this.

when I Was told  to email manager: [REMOVED] the email bounced back to me. When I called back was put in queue for 25 mins and the assistant put the phone down on me.

I wonder if this is normal practice as this is surely mis-selling 

if this is not sorted within 48 hours will contact Ofcom and my bank and terminate contract under 14 day cooling off period as no way paying £50 odd quid when I was paying 23 pounds with vodaphone and previously 28 pounds with sky.

Please see all evidence below:

4795E4DE-28E7-4FBE-AD3A-4682AC74ABEB.png

AF8F5E9C-9EB4-4C63-B211-9F3250CEC923.png

3D631A69-6806-495E-AAE8-45CFACBC4368.png

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello haseebkayani39

Thanks for your post 

I can see that you have spoken to our Team this morning and its all in hand now 

Sorry you have not had the best introduction to Virgin Media 

It does get better though, I can assure you of that 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder

I would caution against just cancelling the DD..

See this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Z92
Trouble shooter

It's normal for them to charge you double or even more on your first bill as they take 2 months charges, plus setup and installation fees.

What you want to look at is your contract, not your bill. Your contract will clearly state how much you are paying for everything, separately. For example, it might say £49/per month for standard broadband plus £25 discount per month for the first 18 months.

If you contract is incorrect, then your bill will be incorrect also, but you would have sorted that out before you were even given an installation date, so I would assume your contract would be correct.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello haseebkayani39

Thanks for your post 

I can see that you have spoken to our Team this morning and its all in hand now 

Sorry you have not had the best introduction to Virgin Media 

It does get better though, I can assure you of that 

Gareth_L

Spoken to my the team this morning who re assure me the amount will be adjusted by the managers, let’s see what happens on the coming days and weeks and also my bill too be adjusted! 

MInd you virgin media did state that managers do not reply to emails and so I do not know at this current time when the discount will show on my bill, just hope this is the last time I have to call about this