cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin service cancellation issues

Larryd123
Joining in

Hi all, 

I request service cancellation in November 2022 after being out of contract for over 2 years.  I was told it will take month for the cancellation to go through. So was expecting contract to be cancel by the end of December.  I cancelled the direct debt for the payment of the bill. I received a call from virgin representative to say my direct debt has been cancelled but ingnored to address the cancellation request I made by telling me the administrator who I spoke to didn’t proceed with the termination. After numerous transfers I got spoken to someone from the termination team who told me he has done the cancellation and will not be able to backdate the termination to the initial request. He is sending the cancellation to his manger for approval . Till date I have not received any correspondence regarding the termination. However I have just received an email from virgin requesting bill of £146.00 going back to December and January threatening to escalate to debt recovery. 
Please advise on how I can resolve this matter as it is getting stressful. I didn’t expect service cancellation can be that difficult.

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Larryd123

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your cancellation, I can understand how frustrating this must be. 

I would be happy to look into this further with you via a PM. I'll pop one across now so we can take a closer look. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again