cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin sales number

oOGUnitOo
Joining in

I have a query on my account ...why am I receiving phone calls from a Virgin Media sales number, up to 6 times a day, every day, when I opted out of being contacted via online, email or phone back in 16.12.2017.

I recently applied for a mobile deal as I am also an O2 mobile payg user,  (stupidly thinking) I could perhaps get a boost from the new Volt benefits but got declined on the credit check. I’ve only been a loyal customer for 6 years plus. 

im paying £67.25 a month just for broadband and a phone line, which I don’t ever use. I don’t even have a landline phone. 

I applied for a mobile deal but failed the credit check why am I being harassed day in, day out? I don’t understand it at all. I know I can upgrade my media package to tv etc. but I don’t own a tv and it’s not what I applied for.

Im finding quite it alarming and distressing to be absolutely honest with you. I have limited capabilities due to mental health disabilities. Even as I am writing this out they are phoning me! I read on Google they could be scammers as well, it’s very confusing and alarming. I’m worried they will sell my mobile number to another place. 

I tried talking to an agent online via the WhatsApp but I don’t remember my password as I haven’t spoken to customer services in a very long time. And they literally did not help me at all. And I do not have a landline to phone customer service.

I opted out of this kind of communication back in 2017, I feel like I’m being harassed or chased and I have to keep checking my account to make sure I’m up to date on my payments, which I am.  

the number is: +44 800 183 6403

I’m sorry to be long winded but I really do not know what to do now about it and it’s getting a bit much

Many thanks, I kindly appreciate any help at all.

Rach 

3 REPLIES 3

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @oOGUnitOo,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with the sales calls.

I can see that the marketing opt out was done today, it can take 3/5 working days for this to be completed.

After this you will not get any more sales calls, I am sorry that we are unable to offer you further service due to the credit check, this is unfortunate. If you are looking for a better broadband deal, please do call us on 0345 454 1111 option 4 then 4 again, as we do not usually deal with package changes from this platform.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello 

thank you, yes I had an email telling me the same thing. Hopefully won’t be long before they stop! 

And I actually had applied for the wrong thing on my upgrades, I applied to O2 & Virgin separately instead of applying for the actual Volt bundle deals on my upgrades…it seems as though I upgraded to the right thing now. And combined with the sim deal I’m actually getting a lot more data and broadband for same money. My broadband is actually really good so I’m pleased. 

thanks again 🙂

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi oOGUnitOo, 

Thank you for your reply, it can take up to 6 weeks for Marketing. I am glad all is working fine and please if you have any other issues pop back 🙂 

Zoie