Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin overcharged me £216 due to tech fault, not provided refund

Hi tw43

I've popped a PM to you for us to discuss this in more detail as with this being a public forum I can only say certain things here without breaching your personal security, hence the apparent vagarity of some responses.

I know what has happened in recent days and if you do need confirmation of this please pop back to my PM.

You can find this on the top right.

Speak soon.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
tw43
Joining in
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am aware this is a public forum so I have sent the references in a PM however I am keeping this part of the discussion public as going down Virgin Media's channels (customer support) has got me zero results over the last two months!

0 Kudos
tw43
Joining in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I didn't hear back from Karen. I'd be very grateful if someone in the community could give me details of which ombudsman or mediator or adjudicator to contact, and if you have had experience pursuing a matter with Virgin Media via one of these channels? Virgin is still in possession of the money as of today.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

CISAS but give Karen time, she doesn’t work every day but she is a trooper and if anyone will do the best they can to sort you out it will be Karen.

Cisas need 8 weeks open complaint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
tw43
Joining in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I will wait for Karen.

How does Cisas' 8 weeks limit work if Virgin already closed my complaint?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

With specifics I don’t know. I would assume it’s 8 weeks from when you opened the complaint, regardless of if it’s closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi tw43

I'm in now I'll take a look at this for you.

I do need some further info from you lovely so I've popped back to your PM

Thanks again and speak soon!

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
tw43
Joining in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I supplied all information to you. Please could you provide a time frame as to when you are going to look into this? If every question has a turnaround of up to a day, this will unfortunately take as long to resolve as going via the customer service centre. Every day that this takes Virgin is holding onto money that is not theirs, and I am incurring bank charges, and it's already unacceptable that it has been going on since November.

Is it not possible to escalate this to somebody in Virgin who has the authority to write a cheque for the outstanding money? The solution seems so simple, and I just can't get my head around why you and your colleagues are dragging your heels so much.

* You have my address
* you can see how much money I am owed

The solution is simple isn't it? If you are unable to solve this or don't have the access rights, can you pass to your manager?
0 Kudos
bromham
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I may be missing something here, but...

Why don't you simply invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee and ask your bank to refund the money?  Much simpler than all this wrangingly with Virgin: one phone call to your bank and it's over.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@bromham wrote:

I may be missing something here, but...

Why don't you simply invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee and ask your bank to refund the money?  Much simpler than all this wrangingly with Virgin: one phone call to your bank and it's over.

@Kippies wrote:

@tw43 wrote:

What I am being told is incorrect, since legally a direct debit taken in error should be refunded when the error is discovered, not credited to a customer account and not refunded only under caveats.

Given the considerable time I have spent trying to fix this, and that I am still not in possession of the overcharged money, I would like to request adequate compensation for the time and hard work I have put into this, *in addition to the original £216.46 that was taken in error*.

Please can somebody from Virgin contact me to resolve this?

Thank you

These are community forums, you will NOT get contact from VM through here in order to resolve your issue. For the record, the legal mechanism you refer to is the direct debit guarantee, and needs to be invoked by the customer, it does not happen automatically. Not trying to be clever just pointing out where the best point of leverage may well be. Smiley Wink

I suppose its a matter of "principal" not expediency for some folks. A cheque (as asked for) is going to take far longer to clear than a DD refund, so we have to assume OP is in it for the long haul. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos