cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media scamming me

Dariuss1
Tuning in

Virgin media is a big scammer, they call me day after cancellation of my contract and give me offer 500mgbs for 23.99 asking to cancel contract with new company and stay with them and after week when my speed didn't change I get in touch with them and they say sorry but we can't do It that 

Screenshot_20220210_094011_com.whatsapp.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Been 9 years with virgin, now going to Lila connect

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Dariuss1
Tuning in

Why new customer getting so much better deals than old customers? And why I been offered something and after week your team say sorry we can't process that ? I will post that everywhere I can plus I have recorded my conversation with agent who makes me that offer and he know like I'm old customer 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't offer new customer pricing to existing customers because VM would quickly go bust if they did. They are "one-off" offers to tempt new customers & actually lose VM revenue. As an existing customer you are paying the genuine cost of your services.

Some companies are now, under a voluntary agreement with OFCOM, offering new customer pricing to existing customers. However, this has inevitably meant new customers are no longer getting the big deals & incentives to switch providers that they used to get.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Dariuss1 wrote:

Why new customer getting so much better deals than old customers?

Loyal customers are probably subsidising them through constant price rises whilst receiving nothing in return.

Been 9 years with virgin, now going to Lila connect

@nodrogd wrote:

VM don't offer new customer pricing to existing customers because VM would quickly go bust if they did. They are "one-off" offers to tempt new customers & actually lose VM revenue. As an existing customer you are paying the genuine cost of your services.

Some companies are now, under a voluntary agreement with OFCOM, offering new customer pricing to existing customers. However, this has inevitably meant new customers are no longer getting the big deals & incentives to switch providers that they used to get.

Yes but the thing is like they give me that offer I agree to stay with them, and after week when my package didn't change I call to virgin and they say sorry but we can't do it that so the question is why they promised something what they can't do

Hi there @Dariuss1

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this confusion with your deal, I'd be happy to take a further look into what has happened here. 

I will send you a PM now so we can do so, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.