cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media does not allow me to cancel my contract.

ewa2222
Joining in

Hi.

So a month ago I expressed via WhatsApp to a customer service representative that I want to cancel my virgin media contract. After a brief conversation, the customer service rep ignored me.

I received another virgin media bill for 50 quid.

In the last week, I have lost 20 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) hours trying to speak to your staff and start the cancellation process. Each time at some point you ignore me. I can't call you because according to your rules I am "Limited because I did not pay". Why would I pay if I expressed my will to cancel a contract, you did nothing about it and you keep charging me 50 quid?

What can I do? I don't have time to waste another 20 hours just to be literally ignored. Why would I pay you for broadband if I am not using it?

Why do you do this?

It feels like it's impossible to leave your company. Horrible.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ewa2222, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with cancelling your services. During your 30 days notice, your billing does continue as normal. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jem101
Superstar

@ewa2222 wrote:

Hi.

So a month ago I expressed via WhatsApp to a customer service representative that I want to cancel my virgin media contract. After a brief conversation, the customer service rep ignored me.

I received another virgin media bill for 50 quid.

In the last week, I have lost 20 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) hours trying to speak to your staff and start the cancellation process. Each time at some point you ignore me. I can't call you because according to your rules I am "Limited because I did not pay". Why would I pay if I expressed my will to cancel a contract, you did nothing about it and you keep charging me 50 quid?

What can I do? I don't have time to waste another 20 hours just to be literally ignored. Why would I pay you for broadband if I am not using it?

Why do you do this?

It feels like it's impossible to leave your company. Horrible.

Firstly, the important thing is to cover yourself and just pay up any amount that VM seem to think you owe them. Now, assuming that you did indeed give clear instructions that you wished to cancel and this was simply ignored by the CS staff, then don't worry too much, you WILL get every penny back plus some!

And to Kath and the rest of the forum team - we all know where this is heading don't we? The question, of course is will you sort it out amicably or do I or Graham have to go through explaining the proper CISAS escalation procedure?

Hi jem101, 

Thanks for taking the time to post here. 

As always, we'll pick this up and go through things with the customer privately due to account sensitive information. 

Rest assured, if the correct process has been followed then there is nothing for the OP to worry about and we can help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs