Menu
Moonig
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media cancelled my installation

I have a optical fibre main cable running across my property,which when it was installed I was told categorically I would be able to connect in the future. In December I requested the opportunity to sign up for the vip package, for internet,TiVo TV ,and phone plus two mobile phone packages. A very nice chap contacted me and confirmed after a visit and sign up that all was well. I showed him the manhole where the fibre optic was installed, he confirmed it was fine. An installation date of Jan15 was confirmed. I then had an installation engineer arrive, yes it was all good but required ENGINEERING to put a fibre link from the main cable so off he went saying engineering would be in touch Then a knock on the door in the morning 10.00 am another set of installation guys who asked where is the link box ,?off I went to the manhole at the end of my drive, they laughed, no mate that’s engineering and proceeded to tell me that this was their fifth visit of the morning that they were unable to connect any of them off they went. I then had a phone call from an Indian sounding gentleman saying the installation was delayed and I would be contacted with a new date, I lost patience today and rang up only to find THE CONTRACT WAS CANCELLED! When I asked why? I was told it would have required council approval which as a councillor I know to be untrue, then it was a road closure ALSO UNTRUE,THE ACCESS IS ON MY PROPERTY. There is no Road involved Then some lame excuse about being 5meters across tarmac, Which  it is NOT, THERE IS NO TARMAC .The access is across my lawn so it’s a load of Corporate TOSH .I HAVE HAD NO PHONE CALL ,! NO APOLOGY .WHAT IS GOING ON VIRGIN !!!.?

THEN I GET ANOTHER NEW CONTRACT WHERE THE PRICE HAS GONE DOWN BY A POUND AND THE TELEPHONE SERVICE HAS BEEN REMOVED COMPLETELY 

what is going on?

I cannot begin  to express my disappointment 🤬🤬🤬🤬PROBABLY ANGER 

COME ON VIRGIN .!,!If I ran my business like this I would be bankrupt 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media cancelled my installation

Hi Moonig, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 
We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Moonig
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An Update,I am in business which means I am persistent,After contacting my salesperson and a visit from a senior area auditor it was agreed that the installation was indeed perfectly easy and my salesperson reset the account to be installed tomorrow (Friday) then on Thursday 18.00 (tonight) I get a phone call telling me I WONT BE GETTING A PHONE LINE ! AND THAT THIS WOULD NOT REDUCE MY BILL ,the reason is the virgin box DOESNT HAVE THE CAPACITY! WHAT IS GOING ON ! I signed a contract negotiated my price and now it’s being eroded None of this is my fault !it smacks of total incompetence exacerbated by a call Centre that is incapable of speaking English and unable to do anything other than frustrate the consumer 

Kath F are you out there !

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME !

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i can answer part of that or at least try to

removing a phone line from a package does not reduce the bill - the line rental cost is absorbed in discounts for other parts of the package plus you get a discount the more things you have 

the way they cost things removing the line can in some instances increase the cost - dont try to understand it just accept it - its easier as it makes little sense

if there is no capacity in the cabinet for a phone line then there is nothing you can do but wait for capacity to become available by someone leaving on that cab afaik

VM will pick the thread up again in time but pretty certain they will confirm the last statement - let the install go ahead - it might all be different when the tech gets there - if you are not happy you have 14 days to cancel with no cost

Tony
Moonig
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice Tony

0 Kudos