Menu
Highlighted
dianemk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin keep billing after I've cancelled

I'm posting here in the hope that somebody from Virgin will pick this up.  I cancelled my broadband on 17th May.  It was confirmed by phone and I thought that was the end of the matter. A few days later I received an email saying that I had taken out a new contract!  I sent a formal complaint to Virgin, asking for an email response to confirm that I had cancelled.  Instead a woman called to talk about it.  I said I wanted an email please (they give you the option of how to want to be contacted when you complain) so that I had in writing.  She got annoyed with me and finally said she'd send a letter.  She never did.  I have complained twice more and have still heard nothing back and Virgin are still trying to bill me for something I cancelled in May.  To say that I'm annoyed is an understatement.  I truly wish I had never used Virgin and looking at TrustPilot I'm not alone.  I wish I'd checked there before I used Virgin.  In fact I think I'll set up a group for disgruntled Virgin customers because unless a group of people get together and do something about them, they think that they can do whatever they like.  They are very careful never to give anything in writing and don't have a ticket system and chat never works.
I have times for all phone calls and Virgin need to listen to these calls as I assume that they are recorded.  

I notice that when you select a board you want to post in, there is no option for problems with billing/customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin keep billing after I've cancelled

Hi Dianemk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear about your experience, this isn't the service we wish to provide.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this further for you, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

dianemk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying.  How can I tell if this is private rather than a public post on a forum?

Thanks,
Diane

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dianemk,

You will see a purple envelope, this opens a private chat that only you and I can see.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
dianemk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

The attached is what is showing in my PM when I click the purple envelope.  I just want to make sure that I'm not making my name public. Thanks, Diane

virgin.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dianemk,

I will send again for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your details and clearing security.

I can see that you did indeed call to cancel on 21/05/19 as we do ask for a 30 day notice, the last day you should of been billed to was 20/06/19.

I will get the account disconnected now and back date this to 20/06/19.

Regards

Paul.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Diane,

I have now disconnected the account and cleared the full balance on the account.

You will receive a jiffy bag to return the router in.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
dianemk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

If this has truly been resolved, I cannot thank you enough as up to now every communication I've had with Virgin has left me feeling more stressed. 

I am deeply, deeply grateful. Thank you so much and have a lovely day.  If there is anyone I can contact in Virgin where I can praise you, then just let me know and I will do so.

Best wishes, Diane

0 Kudos
dianemk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just as a postscript, my first request to cancel was on 17th May, but she failed to do so and instead transferred me to another dept where I eventually gave up holding as it was taking too long.   The 21st will do though just to get this whole thing behind me.

Thanks Paul.

0 Kudos