cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin haven't honoured contract

digimick1967
Joining in
Summary
I recently moved house but prior to moving house I renegotiated my contract with Virginmedia as we were paying far to much (£62/month for  200Mb) they agreed a price of £38/month for 200Mb and I was happy. This was on the 23/05/2022 and we moved to new address on 31/05/2022. All worked until the morning of the 12th June 2022 when all internet stopped working and so I called to resolve and they basically have recreated the contract for less bandwidth and higher cost.

Please can you help?

I have enclosed details of the complaint below.

Details
Up until 31/05/22 we had been living at AddressA and have had Virginmedia broadband for many years.
I telephoned Virginmedia on 23/05/22 @ 11:48 to inform Virginmedia that we were moving house and unless the price could come down (as it was £62 just for broadband) we would have no choice than to end the contract with Virginmedia.
After a discussion with the representative we were informed that we could have the broadband at £38/month for 200Mb and told all we needed to do was to remove our equipment from current address and plug it in at the new address on the day we moved (31/05/22) and then just phone to activate.
The contract received by the rep is 30/029870305/01 although I have since noted that the date is incorrect. I did what had been asked and our internet worked fine until the morning of 12/06/22 when I noticed we had no internet connectivity and so I telephoned Virginmedia and spent over an hour on the phone to more than 3 different representatives.
The first an engineer asked for MAC addr. of router to test then I was cut off. The 2nd informed me that there was a billing issue and it seemed the changes hadn't been made correctly as there we were only being charged for a phone (and we don't have a phone). The 3rd informed me that we were only being billed £9 a month (assumed for phone) and that we will have to sort out a new contract and that it will take 2 days and they will need to send new equipment (even though the internet had been working for 11 days) and as such we will be without internet until Tuesday. Things now got worse as the contract rearranged seems to be at a higher cost and for less bandwidth i.e. £39/month for 100Mb this was contract information sheet number 100001716172.
I managed after 3 more phone calls to at least get our internet working until the new contract kicks in as I would not be able to work from home without it (prior engineers told me this was not possible at the new address even though it had been working for 11 days). I have since looked at my upcoming bill for virginmedia which shows on your site as "£46.75 a month for 18 months then £51.75 a month"
I am annoyed and frustrated because I agreed to stay with Virginmedia and agreed a price and bandwidth. Virginmedia then cut me off and have changed both the agreed price and bandwidth from that on the original contract (contract number 30/029870305/01). I am hoping this is a catalogue of errors because if not then it must be a catalogue of lies.

I have complained and have the complaint number C-1406221147 and they have replied with the suggested resolution to go to myvirginmedia and then in there words

Here’s what we offer as resolution:
Package > Extra info on package and product

We hope this works for you.

This is no resolution at all and I apologise for the rant but I have since spent several hours on several days on the phone trying to get some resolution and was hoping the complaints department might be more effective than what I have experienced so far.

Any advice on how I can proceed would be appreciated as I am now desperate.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @digimick1967,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience that you've had with your account since moving, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L