cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin gone back on deal made

sharebear
On our wavelength

M M 

So I made a deal with virgin, 9th June, with their sales team, for broadband and my mobile. Told I'd receive an email regarding it all. Never did. Just phoned them, and they've gone back on the deal we made! Fuming

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FedUpCustomer6
Dialled in

sharebear i think u should consider making a Subject Access Request (SAR) , get hold of the phone conversation recorded by VM, hold them to their word. Yes it's a hassle and takes some time but if you are determined not be be done over it may well help. Good luck, don't accept VM's bs

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

FedUpCustomer6
Dialled in

Beware any "deal" you get needs to be in writing. Having an agent agree something is useless. VM will offer things and then deny making the offer, happens again and again. VM cannot be trusted to do anything they say they will. Always get the agent name AND employee number when talking to an agent, also make note of the time and date too. Better still record the conversation if you can.

I realise that may seem a bit over the top but VM are very deceitful and it may save you grief in the future. 

Agreed, the entire VM customer service system is completely broken. 

VM really need to be massively fined by regulators. 

All customers with complaints really must register their complaint with OFCOM - takes 5 minutes. Then onto CISAS if necessary. Only once customers start piling the pressure on VM via the regulators will they buck their ideas up. They really should be massively fined. 

jem101
Superstar

@sharebear wrote:

M M 

So I made a deal with virgin, 9th June, with their sales team, for broadband and my mobile. Told I'd receive an email regarding it all. Never did. Just phoned them, and they've gone back on the deal we made! Fuming

Now do you have evidence of the terms of said deal? If not then I’m afraid it is your word against theirs, otherwise then if they made an offer and you accepted it, then legally it is binding. 

However the important question here is, based on your experience, do you ever, ever want to enter into an agreement with a company which behaves in such a manner? Just saying!

@FedUpCustomer6 wrote:

Snip…

Always get the agent name AND employee number when talking to an agent, also make note of the time and date too. Better still record the conversation if you can.

Hypothetically though (of course not that it would ever happen in reality), if you were to do this and said agent replies with ‘my name is Rajiv, no sorry Roger and my employee number is errr.. 157372’. What would you do with it?

FedUpCustomer6
Dialled in

sharebear i think u should consider making a Subject Access Request (SAR) , get hold of the phone conversation recorded by VM, hold them to their word. Yes it's a hassle and takes some time but if you are determined not be be done over it may well help. Good luck, don't accept VM's bs

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Are u suggesting VM agents would so blatantly give false info like that? Maybe, i guess, but given calls are recorded and potentially they'd be risking their jobs if that was revealed via a Subject Access Request (SAR) or through CISAS  taking up a case, i think it unlikely

Safe to say more info gives u a better chance for sure, dates, times, record conversations, insist on things being put in writing etc.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A lot of the advice in this thread so far does strike me as "heavy-handed" going straight for the sledgehammer approach, where there are other ways & means of going in gently and working up to the CISAS approach.

That said - I do agree that this will come down to whether you can prove the terms of the contract you were offered. Whilst these contracts can be as verbal as they are written, proving your part of the bargain is often half the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is very well established that unfortunately VM don't respond well to a normal approach. In fact they barely respond at all, especially to their phone lines. Why waste your time spending 40 minutes waiting for the phone to be answered only to get transferred endlessly and then mysteriously "cut off".

Even if you do speak to someone their word is worth very little  as a huge number of frustrated customers on this forum will testify. 

If you've got a recording of the phone call that should prove it in a case such as this. Otherwise VM themselves force you down the paths of least resistance... OFCOM, Subject Access Request (SAR),  CISAS etc

If that is "heavy-handed" so be it. VM make many customers lives miserable with their woeful service so customers should feel no qualms about hold VM to account as they see fit. 

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @sharebear, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you.

Sorry to hear of the poor experienced you've had with our Sales Team.

If you can please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, I'll be happy to investigate this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi the responses are not heavy handed i had 100% same experience about 10 years ago Filipino agent offered me a deal BB Phone TV at a Good price so i agreed when i had everything installed and got my 1st Bill i got a shock nothing like what was offered or agreed i phoned virgin several times i basically was called a LIER virgin didn't offer me  such a deal Virgin said prove it !!

That got my blood pressure up i said Im not giving up being called a lier what they didn't know i had recorded the Hole conversation on phone answer machine

I even traveled 30 miles to nearest virgin store i spoke to a nice chap who listened to the recording on the long drive home i got a call they matched the offer and changed my package

I wouldn't have got anything out of virgin if i didn't have a recording of the conversation

DON'T TRUST virgin media they are Liers even now they lie to customers