Menu
Highlighted
jaybee84
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin currently cabling the other side of my street

Hi.

Virgin are currently cabling across the road from me and Im just wondering how they'd go about cabling my home If I got their broadband, would they just cable across the road (Ive included a picture for illustration, yellow = pavement being dug up/cabled, black would be the cable to my red X house)Untitled.jpg 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin currently cabling the other side of my street

They won’t cable across the road for you.

What you need to do is complete Cable My Street to see if/when your side of the street may be getting done.

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker/

jaybee84
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Done that a few times over the years.

They are only half way up the street, maybe they will do my side once the other side is done? Would be bizarre if they only did that one side.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jaybee84 wrote:

Hi.

Virgin are currently cabling across the road from me and Im just wondering how they'd go about cabling my home If I got their broadband, would they just cable across the road (Ive included a picture for illustration, yellow = pavement being dug up/cabled, black would be the cable to my red X house)Untitled.jpg 

Thanks in advance.

The build goes up one side of the street & then down the other. Usually the feed side is done first, then the cabinet is put in, closely followed by the other side. There will only be one road crossing, which will be adjacent to the cabinet.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile