cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin are impossible to get in contact with

BillyVM
Joining in

I don't have anything new to say, really - from looking at these threads everyone is saying the same thing.

I think it's disgusting behaviour that Virgin make it so difficult to get in contact with them, even if you want to cancel, let alone try to negotiate a new contract when one is coming to an end.

I've been going through the same process every day, getting nowhere without a reply and starting from scratch the next day, and the next, and the next. Sometimes I get through to retentions, but never ever get a reply from them. I have taken today off work to try and get through to someone, costing me income, and STILL no progress with my case. Today I was on hold for 2 hours before finally getting through to someone, only to have the call drop after 20 seconds.

This could be so much easier, and instead, it's an exercise in frustration, anger, stress and anxiety that just slowly breaks you down. It feels hopeless like there's nothing I can do, and soon I'll just be paying loads more that I can't afford without the option of raising the issue with anyone.

I wish there were more options in my area. No monopolising company should have such reprehensible customer service.

I'm at my wit's end. I have been trying to talk to someone for WEEKS and I can't speak to anyone who can help me - not even to talk about cancelling. This is the kind of company who doesn't care at all about their customers.

Virgin staff reading this, if you want to keep me as a customer, message me. Otherwise, I'm done. I'll go to an ombudsman if necessary.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillyVM wrote:

Virgin staff reading this, if you want to keep me as a customer, message me. Otherwise, I'm done. I'll go to an ombudsman if necessary.

Whilst I sympathise with your frustrations, I'll give you a heads-up how the various processes work. You'll find numerous other threads saying the same.

If you want to cancel your package entirely, then (early termination aside) you can either call in or write in.

If you're looking to amend your package, you can do so by calling in or using the WhatsApp chat-app which isn't real-time. Forum staff can't do contract renegotiations.

If you want to complain, Ofcom don't accept individual customer complaints outwith monitoring purposes. To have a complaint actioned, you need to follow VM's complaint process and then escalate to CISAS arbitration if unresolved after 8weeks or deadlocked before.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can't call because the wait times are too long and the call drops. I have tried the texting method, but this does not work either. I got through to someone for a while and ended up being transferred to another team, which never replied. This has happened on multiple occasions.

I should not have to pay for a stamp and postage to get through to a company I am trying to cancel my contract with.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BillyVM,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you've not had much luck getting through to our team. I'm afraid we are unable to process any package changes or disconnections via the Forums. 

Appreciate our call volumes are higher than usual so if you prefer not to wait as long, it may be worth trying between 8 am - 10 am on a morning when it is quicker to get through. 

Our SMS/WhatsApp support team is not instant messaging but they do get back to you within 24 hours. 

All our contact methods can be found here should you need them.

It would be a shame for you to leave us, so if you do reach out to the team again, they will be more than happy to review your package with you 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have spent over 30 hours in total either on hold ( 1-3 hours each time) then while being transferred waiting agian 1 hour that repetitive music .. and when u do speak to someone u get cut off . Was told they would call me then they send an email saying issue fixed … when in fact they don’t even know what I’m talking about .. u can’t win . How many times do u need to contact them. Surely if someone has an issue 1 person should deal with it rather than having to go into it time and time agian . Just starts to get ANNOYING 

VM are under a specific obligation* to make it as easy to leave VM as to sign up. Register your complaint with the regulator Ofcom, it takes 5 minutes.

* Ofcom Fairness Code, Paragraph 5: "Customers can sign up to, change and leave their services quickly and smoothly. Providers ensure that customers who are leaving do not face additional barriers or hassle compared to those who are signing up to new services;"

Very true after all more people who do it then might see change