cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin-Netfix sign-up horrors!

davidw41
Joining in

When I moved house in July last year, I decided to sign up to Virgin as our household is dependent on data for school and home work, plus streaming TV.  - went for 1GB wires only.  It was OK after some hiccups

FFWD a while to Jan '22, and for a few reasons decided upgrade to the VOLT package and at the same time, ditch my monthly subs to the other services, such as Netflix. As I was in this sign-up process, it was mentioned that 'netflix was included' with VM, so, happy days, I went with this offer - volt.

Of course, it then transpired that Netflix wasn't (!) but didn't have the energy, so kept the accounts separate.   

FFWD another couple of months, and like many others, I saw that Netflix *was* now included - news sites and even VM's website.

It took AGES and LOTS of phone calls to VM, to activate this, but it actually worked!   By then it was not a massive saving, as I opted to pay £10.99 to have the UHD/multi package - but still, in principle, £5 less than Netflix's current charges for same.   

8th May - all went to crap again, when Netflix cancelled (allegedly as not paid for by VM, they told me).       it took till 12th May for someone to "reset" the account, "and I would get an email within 24h to set up netflix again - BUT STILL NOT - yet my contract period was extended 😞

Right now, I want to revert back to the CABLE ONLY contract as I'm being taken for ride.    

Virgin Team - I have made at least 20 calls over the past few weeks to you and nothing but broken promises.  Please sort or revert to 1GB fibre only.

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @davidw41,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

As you haven't got an email to activate your Netflix account, please could you check the dashboard of your online account for an activation button?

If you want to revert to the package that you previously had, you would need to speak to the team over the phone on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line, you can message us on WhatsApp using 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from this service but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.  

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

Thanks for replying. A couple of days ago 'activate netflix' was showing on my.virginmedia homepage (but not working - I phoned up 'cos it still wasn't, which led to my VM account being "reset"

Now though, it's not showing on the home page, nor any sub menu (I've looked all over). I've also tried via the netflix app, sign in, pay by partner, which is 'not available at the moment'.

I did try calling 4x yesterday (before posting) but as soon as someone was aware it was netflix issue, the call was cut off each time 😞

I'll try via whatsapp, but even better if someone could fix online/ DM

Hi @davidw41,

I am sorry to hear you were cut off yesterday. Please be assured this is never intentional.

How are you getting on with the WhatsApp team?

If you still need help with your Netflix issue, we can certainly assist further and if needed an IT ticket can be raised however in terms of reverting back to your previous package, this isn't something we can do via the Forums so if you stick with the WhatsApp team on that, they'll be able to help.

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs