cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media complaints code update request

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin Media community,

I would like to suggest some updates to the Virgin Media complaints code, found : https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

"If you have a complaint, check out our formal internal complaints procedure
below. We’re fully committed to addressing all complaints, fully and fairly,
and in a reasonable timeframe."

Could "a reasonable timeframe" be clarified? I have been waiting since Dec 2020 for an outcome, this seems unreasonable to me. I understand Virgin Media may view a 9 month timeframe as reasonable but typically, 28 days would be the maximum expected time for either a holding letter or a FRL, then a max of 8 weeks for the FRL if not, in most sectors.

"We’ll try to contact you by your preferred method first. If this is by telephone,
please let us know the best numbers to reach you on. If we miss you, we’ll
drop you a text with our telephone number so you can ring us back when
you’re free during our opening hours. If we can’t reach you to let you know about our proposed resolution, we’ll email you instead, or if we haven’t been able to clear Data Protection we’ll
write to your home address. Your case will remain open for 28 days so you’ll have enough time to review and consider our proposal. If you’re happy with the resolution, please let us know so we can close your case down. If we don’t hear from you within the 28 days from the date of the letter, we’ll take this as confirmation you’re satisfied with the resolution and we’ll write to you again to let you know we’re closing your complaint."

This is inaccurate - there is no number to speak to the complaints team at Virgin so the process outlined here is not appropriate as ringing back does not result in an outcome being delivered, rather a new complaint being raised and a new 9 month timescale to wait.

I would recommend updating these points to reflect reality - I would also welcome any other contributions from concerned customers / former customers of Virgin.

Thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unhappyconsumer wrote:

Hi Virgin Media community,

I would like to suggest some updates to the Virgin Media complaints code, found : https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

"If you have a complaint, check out our formal internal complaints procedure
below. We’re fully committed to addressing all complaints, fully and fairly,
and in a reasonable timeframe."

Could "a reasonable timeframe" be clarified? I have been waiting since Dec 2020 for an outcome, this seems unreasonable to me. I understand Virgin Media may view a 9 month timeframe as reasonable but typically, 28 days would be the maximum expected time for either a holding letter or a FRL, then a max of 8 weeks for the FRL if not, in most sectors.

AFAIK there is an 8 week time frame as stated in the Consumer Complaints Code of Practice:

4. Independent adjudication

If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving
your complaint, or we agree in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the
dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll send you a
letter or email confirming that you have the right to refer your complaint
for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution. This
service is absolutely free of charge. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks