cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media TV Games and Phone/TV/Broadband

Rabbie
On our wavelength

My neighbour was playing the "Free" TV games - or was certainly under a distinct impression that they were "free games", otherwise she wouldn't have been playing them.

A few weeks had passed them she found that she had no TV, Broadband and Phone.  After a very long wait trying to contact Virgin about it, we eventually got through.

Trying to discuss and explain this to the relevant Virgin employees was a bit of a nightmare - especially as we had been cut off "five times" and had to go through the same mind-numbing rigmarole again.

On the "sixth" occasion, the Virgin employee told my neighbour that as she had run up a bill of £508 pounds playing these so-called free games, they/Virgin had - without any warning - disconnected her TV/Broadband/Phone.

They/Virgin wanted her to pay the £508 to get the "service" turned back on.  They eventually settled on a payment of £100 to get my neighbour's Virginmedia restored.

They did say it would take them 24 hours to do this, but after my debating the issue with them it was turned back on inside half an hour.

Two days later, and without warning again, they/Virgin disconnected her service again.

To cut a longer story short, she got back in touch with Virgin to cancel her subscription and cancel her direct debit.  Virgin said they would do this, but didn't.

Absolutely disgraceful again from Virgin and these employees.  No wonder I hate having to call Virgin.

Next one: My partner called Virgin as her Phone/Broadband/ was not working properly, as it turned out the chap at Virgin had put her onto a weekend tariff (she couldn't understand what he told her - and maybe vice-versa - with the language differences).  After speaking with someone else her phone line was restored to what she had previously.  But Virgin charged her £25 to reconnect her "service".

Again, absolutely disgraceful and a total rip-off !

Personally I would leave Virgin and go elsewhere, but that would cause me some problems to do that.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rabbie wrote:

My neighbour was playing the "Free" TV games - or was certainly under a distinct impression that they were "free games", otherwise she wouldn't have been playing them.

On the "sixth" occasion, the Virgin employee told my neighbour that as she had run up a bill of £508 pounds playing these so-called free games, they/Virgin had - without any warning - disconnected her TV/Broadband/Phone.

It might help here, to clarify what you mean by "free TV games" - I am presuming you mean games accessed via your set-top-TV box? If so, you should always need to enter your TV PIN before being able to access chargeable content such as this.

To have incurred ~£500 of charges is going some, even more so where the PIN should be required. Have you been told which game this is?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rabbie
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks for replying.

I checked it myself and it says "free games". I just checked it again earlier to be sure.

I think it was the "Slots" game she was paying.

But as I said earlier, there was no warning at all about anything from Virgin.

Rabbie
On our wavelength

Sorry, I meant to add. it's was through the set-top box, and she had to enter her PIN for that, but it was the Free Games tab.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rabbie

Thanks for your reply and good morning

My apologies for the inconvenience, as the PIN was entered to authorise this unfortunately we cannot do anything regarding the substantial bill although I would love to help further.

I hope you have a great day

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rabbie
On our wavelength

Hi Travis_M

Thanks for your reply.

Everyone has to put their PIN in to access these "free games" to confirm that they're over 18 years old. I've just tried it again.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rabbie

Thanks for your reply

As for the issue regarding the £25.00 charge - was this for a fault visit or tech call out charge? If you would like to dispute this i'll be happy to drop you a private message to investigate further.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Rabbie
On our wavelength

Hi Travis_M

Thanks again for replying and your help.

My partner had inadvertently changed her landline "anytime calls" to "weekends only".  She couldn't understand what the chap was telling her, with the language barrier.  She contacted Virgin again to get the "anytime calls" restored, but was told that there was a £25 connection fee - which she paid.

I don't believe she should have been charged this at all.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rabbie

Thank you for your reply

I am going to drop you a private message to double check this as a £25.00 fee wouldn't usually be applied for anything surrounding a landline package change like that. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Rabbie
On our wavelength

Thanks very much Travis_M