cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Spelled My Last Name Wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Went setting up my account details on the system, Virgin Media spelt my last name incorrectly. Due to this, my direct debit was declined as the last name did not match what it is on my bank account.

I have been through customer support who have told me to send an email with my proof of ID + Residence to fraudpreventionteam-cable@virginmedia.co.uk. I have done so 2 days ago.

I have heard nothing from them and it's really causing me a lot of unnecessary stress. I cannot move into my new property until internet is set up which cannot be done so long as my last name on their system is wrong.

I shouldn't have to be jumping through all this hoops for an error made on Virgin Media's end. I appreciate any help & responses as it's causing me serious problems at this rate.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear there has been a spelling mistake made when creating your account. Thank you for sending off the requested proof to our team. I can assure you, we'll look to get this processed for you as quickly as possible. I can take a look for you as well if you like to see if we can speed this process up a little. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley