cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Refuse to Honour Contract

SamSamN
On our wavelength

I have just had a fourth (possibly fifth) complaint raised to Virgin.  Here is a timeline of events:

1)  Service has been useless all along.  The boosters provided rarely worked and both sets broke.  I later raised as a point of contention that these were part of the contract and when I returned them (in itself made incredibly difficult by Virgin), they refused to reduce the monthly charges despite them clearly being a part of the agreed package.  I actually had to buy another router and use the useless Virgin hub as a modem to get anything like the speeds advertised. 

2)  I received a letter early in the year stating my price would increase by approximately £3.  I phoned up and was offered via automated message a much smaller increase, but I raised a complaint because I wanted it to remain the same or else I had the right to leave Virgin.

3)  I waited patiently for a reply to my complaint, but it turns out Virgin just closed it without informing me or taking any action!

4)  I opened a new complaint and it was agreed my bill would not increase.  In return, I would not leave Virgin and see out my contract.

5)  I noticed on my bill last month that the price had been increased by over £6 - approximately double the amount of the original increase which they had agreed wouldn't happen!

6)  I raised yet ANOTHER complaint, only to receive an e-mail stating that I had been notified my bill would increase and that I had no reason to complain.

7)  I have just spent an hour on the phone explaining all of this and got nowhere.  The person I spoke to has opened ANOTHER case, because their team manager Karol Abramowicz REFUSED to speak with me and deal with the problem.  I explained all of the above and that it was a breach of contract, because it had been agreed there would be no price increase, yet Mr. Abramowicz refused to take charge of the situation and put things right.

I am now considering what my legal options are for dealing with this, as I already missed out on countless good deals with other businesses and Virgin are trying to charge me nearly £7 more than the agreed contract rate.  In addition, they REFUSE to deal with the problem.  I was given a phone number for Tom Mockridge, who apparently is Karol's manager, but it turns out that was just a generic number for sales anyway.  I simply cannot believe a business is being run in this way and the REFUSAL for managers to deal with the issue is absolutely breathtaking.  It is absolutely shameful.

35 REPLIES 35

spell
Knows their stuff

Good grief thats what I said - why would you want account information from me - it is the OP who needs an issue resolving - I'm fine since I left VM

SamSamN
On our wavelength

1)  If your system is unable to have two ways of returning things (by mail and by collection) which can't interact between the two in order to not overlap, then you need to address that, because it is PITIFUL.

2)  A charge has indeed been applied to my account - tomorrow was the earliest that you could collect it and today you have charged me.  REMOVE THE CHARGE OR I AM GOING TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOUR CROOKED BUSINESS.

Hi @SamSamN

I am sorry to hear that.

If you have a collection arranged for tomorrow, the charge will be removed from the account following that visit.

I am sorry for any upset that has been caused and that this has been applied before the scheduled visit.

Please be assured the charge will be removed automatically once the equipment has been returned. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

spell
Knows their stuff
What a strange (and illegal) way to run a company

SamSamN
On our wavelength

You have assured me I would not be charged.  The guy who collected the router assured me I would not be charged.  I was assured by e-mail later that day I would not be charged.  You'll never guess what?  I'VE BEEN CHARGED!

You complete nincompoops have sent me an e-mail on 09/06/22 stating my June bill is online and that I owe you £40.  I don't owe you anything.  REMOVE THE CHARGE AND CONFIRM IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOUR CROOKED BUSINESS.

Hello @SamSamN, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear you have been charged another £40. 

I would like to look into this for you, please can you keep an eye out for the purple envelope and I'll sent you a Private Message. 
Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?