Menu
jacquiwelsh
Joining in
Message 51 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Installation Contractors

As I said, the number provided is a premium rate number so I'm not willing to increase Richard Bransons bank balance any further. Does anyone know of an email address or somewhere I can get legal advice please? My newly painted house has been ruined and I'm genuinely afraid they have dug so close to my house walls it has caused damage.
0 Kudos
saan
Tuning in
Message 52 of 58
Flag for a moderator

From experience any contact with virgin media was ignored. Our complaint was never acknowledged or responded too :-(

The only help we received was via local council who issued permit to complete work. They seemed to be the only people virgin media or their contractors would deal
with. The council did withdraw their permit twice and closed the site down twice. They also made them return and fix issues on the road, it's not perfect but better than how it was left by virgin media.

During Virgin media's first attempt to complete work they blocked access to 10 drive ways and closed road. To be fair my local council went ballistic as they didn't even have a permit to do the work !! and deployed officer to site immediately They closed them down and made them leave the road, they only reissued the permit once Virgin Media guaranteed access to all properties and they didn't close the road.
Not sure why they got closed down a second time.

Do empathise with what you are going through, it's horrible and extremely stressful.
0 Kudos
westhearcher
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 58
Flag for a moderator

You'll get a better response if you call them. Trust me. We've had the same rubbish from Virgin Media and their contractors. Also, you never said anything about the number provided in your post - hence why I gave it. Only trying to help! Good luck with it all anyway, VM don't care and do noting despite their PR spinning on here.
0 Kudos
Timj1
Joining in
Message 54 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I came back home today after contractors had been undertaking a new istallation for virgin media having dug up the path outside my house. Despite having had no communication that this was to be happening I was content that what was happening was ok. However the make good from this work is worse than I have ever seen and had it been my workforce would not have ever signed this off.

I understand about the staining but the quality of The replacements have now introduced trip hazards where there were none, not sure the council would be happy to compensate for trips or falls around this block paving! Where the new box for the house is it has not been cemented back where there once was which is next to my house, this could introduce water under the house (which is grade 2 listed and very old so little below foundation will there be water ingress? If there were who would compensate! 

Further to this and I find that my newly undercoated front door is splattered with "cement" which I will have to clean off and my newly painted, installed Windows. This I find totally unacceptable and I have no way of contacting any to complain. I also have photos of this. Which I will share. Please can somebody tell me who I can get hold of to discuss this. It may need to be discussed with the local highways team.

0 Kudos
Ellydaz
Joining in
Message 55 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I need to complain about the company Heneghan who are Virgin Media contractors. I have been trying to get contact details for them but to no avail. Virgin media was started to put in the bank holiday week at the end of August and completed the week after. We were away for the first 5 days and left my husbands car in the driveway. When we came back his car was not only filthy but also had a dint in it! The second week of installion the contractors had no regard to people living in the homes it was very difficult to get out but to add insult to it they used our outside tap without permission!!! Had they used it while we were away? We are metered but other than that it is beyond rude to take something without permission!! When I asked the men involved he said his boss had told him, his boss then said it was a mix up. So at present won't even think about Virgin media, have a dint in my husbands car that needs repairing and my water bill will be higher!! Definitely not happy - would like feedback as to what Virgin media or Heneghan will do
0 Kudos
Haroldhadrada
Joining in
Message 56 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I would just like to add to the added complaints ! I live in Fulford, York and Virgin media expansion contractors have been up to their old tricks. No prior notification, poor or no signage, pedestrians forced into the road, ignorant and uncooperative workers who leave a mess and poor re-enstatement. How dare virgin media charge over the odds to contact them, it should be a 0800 number as they are usually causing the problem. When is someone in authority going to hold them accountable ? The seem to cause chaos wherever the go, ignore immediate issues and then, at best, apologise before going off to upset another neighbourhood. Bxxxxxds !

0 Kudos
NickTaylor190
Settling in
Message 57 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi, brand new to this forum, actually joined up today as have experienced similar problems re: Virgin media contractors. They completed most of the cable-laying work at the back end of last year, but returned home today to the connection box/cabinet having been installed, literally millimetres away from my exterior wall. I had planned to do some rendering work on this wall early this year, due to ongoing damp problems, the box now prevents me from doing this on a portion of the wall. Some damage to the wall too. Again, have been unable to make any contact with Virgin regarding this, I'm not a VM customer and there doesn't even appear too be an email address for such matters. Tried Tweeting this morning, but just ignored. So annoyed about this, like most people here we did not get notice about this work taking place, contractors caused havoc along our street and now I have this obstacle which prevents me from doing work on my own house! I would appreciate some help from VM moderators on this thread please, really don't know who to turn to about this Smiley Sad 

IMG_7454.jpgIMG_7455.jpgIMG_7456.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 58 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the forums. It's great having you all on board with us in the Community although I'm sorry if recent works in the area have been disruptive. 

I completely understand how untidy and messy things can get and look whilst we're in the process of laying our cables however the work has been approved by your local council. Any issues with the siting of cabinets would need to be taken up with them as they would of approved this. 

Whilst work is ongoing there will be some noise and some disruption to parking etc during the day aswell as un-tidyness and dust but this is unavoidable. 

At the end of each day there is an audit performed to ensure things are left safe and in accordance with permits until the following day. 

If you have any complaints about this then you can contact the Street Works Team here: 0333 000 5925

Once work has been completed, everything will go back to normal. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos