cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Incompetence and Dishonesty

JohnR69
Tuning in

Hi All. I wonder if you can help me? I've been out of contract for some time and I've been trying to renegotiate a new contract but unless I press option 1 (Add a new service) I never get to speak to anyone. The phone service is also rigged to prevent anyone from being able to leave Virgin Media. If you select that option no one ever answers the phone.

Today, I called and spoke to someone who called herself Selena. I was only able to speak to her by selecting option 1. She said the only deal she can offer me for the same package I already have is at the price of £51. I told her I've been a customer since 1997, when it was Telewest Blueyonder that ran the service. I asked her about loyalty deals because two people who worked for Virgin Media told me that there are supposed to be loyalty deals that can be offered to long term customers. She said that the £51 deal for broadband and talk weekends was the only offer she could make for that service. She then told me to call again and select options 1; 4 and 5 which would take me to "customer relations". I told her I didn't think that was correct and she said that it was. She was wrong. That took me to notifying Virgin Media of a bereavement. That simply gave me an automated message that said I might be better filling in an online form and then it just looped right back to all the original options.

I've also tried using the Virgin Media website, which for an internet service provider, is an absolute disgrace. I went to a link I was told about when I'd called previously (virginmedia.com/packagechange) but that page can't be found just like lots of other pages on the Virgin Media website. I want a better deal or to leave Virgin Media completely. As I haven't been in contract for some time now do I still have to give one months notice to leave? Unless someone online here can help me with that then I'll have to write to the postal address.

If you can't help me with this then I'd appreciate it if you could direct me to someone who can. If I have to I'll make a complaint to Ofcom.

I hope someone can help. I'm fed up of the whole situation.

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JohnR69 

The correct sequence to get to the retentions team is 1  then 1 (if you are calling from the line attached to the broadband account) then 4 then 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I'll try this tomorrow.

Option number 4, "If you're thinking of leaving us" is the one I've tried to get through to multiple times now but no agent ever speaks to me. I've waited up to thirty minutes at a time and I'm fed up of wasting my time. Virgin Media seem to be all about targeting new customers and adding services to people's packages. They don't profit from option number 4 so they don't prioritize answering those calls.

Are there any staff here who would be willing to help me with this matter?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JohnR69  The VM Forum Team do not generally respond to posts in this chatter section of the community.

I will move this thread to the Manage Accounts section where they should respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you.

Hi JohnR69,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you had some trouble getting in touch to speak about your package.

Package changes aren't something we deal with via the forums, however so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm