cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Essential broadband

Jon1966
Tuning in

Hello, is Virgin media Essential broadband available to people on Employment and support allowance as it looks like it only covers people on Universal credit ? 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jon1966 

This has been asked a couple of times recently, and unfortunately it' still only currently availabale to those on Universal Credit.

It might be worthwhile calling up and speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving us) 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or freephone 0800 052 0422, and see if you can negotiate a suitable price with them.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  (you can change your mind within 14 days due to distance selling regulations) However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jon1966, thanks a lot for your post here in the community.

As @newapollo has mentioned, the Essential Broadband scheme is currently only available for people on Universal Credit.

Please do however, give our team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can look to explore the best offers available for you.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks

Tom_W