cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Direct Debit payment denial

ChrisMac1987
Just joined

Virgin Media have been taking payments of £43.50 for the last 6 months, on top of the TV,Broadband and sim package and then another Sim only deal.

Denial that they have taken it but cannot understand why it says Virgin Media on statement, bank say its very unlikely that someone (scammer) could take money using the name "Virgin Media" 

£261.00 in total, taken the same time as other payments.

What an absolute mess of a company. 

Image (17).jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you look at the bank payment reference for the rogue DD, I believe the payment ref should match with the VM account number for the DD (I think with maybe 2 or 3 extra digits on the end, such as 01 or 001). My own VM DD payment ref is the VM account no. with 001 added on the end.

Does the rogue DD bank payment ref match with (or similar to) any of your VM account numbers?

carl_pearce
Community elder

@ChrisMac1987 wrote:

Virgin Media have been taking payments of £43.50 for the last 6 months, on top of the TV,Broadband and sim package and then another Sim only deal.

Denial that they have taken it but cannot understand why it says Virgin Media on statement, bank say its very unlikely that someone (scammer) could take money using the name "Virgin Media" 

£261.00 in total, taken the same time as other payments.

What an absolute mess of a company. 

Image (17).jpeg

'VIRGIN MEDIA' is reference to a credit agreement, for example a mobile phone.

This will not show directly in your 'My Virgin Media', however there should be some reference to it when signing into your mobile account.

If you don't have a mobile credit agreement someone may have taken one out in your name.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ChrisMac1987,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have a payment coming out linked to us that you're unfamiliar with. Just to confirm, have you taken into account any Virgin Media cable packages, SIM only deals, and handset loan agreements that you may have with us?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!