Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media - Deceiving Promotions

csanadlakatos
Joining in

Hi,

I`m looking for advice on the following:

Virgin Media offered a discounted promotion at 26.99 for my package as a new customer. However, they sent me the contract at 44 pounds. I originally pinged their customer service who said, they`ll sort it once the internet is setup.

I got my first bill for 44 pounds and now their customer service says that it is 44 pounds and not 26.99

Obviously, I went over the cooling off period due to me being naive when they said it will be resolved.

Can someone please help me with how this can be resolved? Can I cancel my contract and not pay penalties? 

This is very deceitful behaviour and I wanna change providers and I`m sure as hell won`t put up with paying 44 pounds whilst everywhere else its less than 30...

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What evidence do you have, of this £27 offer? That could be crucial in how you go about getting this resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hence why i record all my conversations with VM...to be safe

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @csanadlakatos,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some complications and a dispute with your current package. Do you have any documentation confirming the price that you believe the package should cost?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

csanadlakatos
Joining in

Hi Everybody,

So after hours of phone call and a written complaint, I managed to resolve it by pointing out that it was a nationwide promotion offer on their website during that time period and how is it even possible to get a different and twice as expensive quote then. I recieved this email this morning:

"We understand that you are enquiring about the offer which was given during the sale but not applied on the account. We apologize for the any inconvenience caused which had you felt unsatisfied as we regret to learn of your unpleasant customer experience. However, we do understand that we have fallen short of your expectations. We see that the offer promised to you was not applied due to a technical error and we would like to assure that the credit of GBP51.03 has been applied to adjust the additional charges on your bill. The recurring credit has been applied to get you package price at GBP26.99 until the end of your contract".

My first payment will be due soon so will see if this was implemented in practice or not! Thanks everyone.