cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Complaints Team - Do they really exist?

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin Media,

Do you actually have a complaints team? There is no telephone number, way to contact them. Whenever a complaint is raised, you close it without responding, or send a holding letter asking if I still want to complain (there is no reason for this to be part of your complaints process other than to delay the response and hopefully avoid giving one, which would be in line with my theory that there is no complaints team).

I opened my complaint last year and am still awaiting a response following having to re-open it due to it being closed as I was waiting too long for my initial response. As will all complaints, I request a Final Response Letter to be sent with your outcome, which is never adhered to.

Could someone from the complaints team please pop in and say Hi just to confirm their existence please? 

thanks,

An Unhappy Consumer

42 REPLIES 42

bump

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

If you try to go through Virgin directly, all they will do is delay and lie, they will not attempt to resolve anything in a fair manner, if at all. Register your complaint, then go here : https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Request every single bit of data possible, from the start of the contract until now - they are obliged to adhere to your request. 

This will likely trigger a call from the DSAR team looking to resolve the complaint with you to avoid doing the work of collating your data (lazy!). Hopefully they can resolve this for you. If that doesn't occur, you can refer the complaint to CISAS after Virgin fail to adhere to the 8 week timescale, and they will likely compensate you for your inconvenience and distress.

It costs Virgin upwards of £500 when the case is referred to CISAS. The level of customer service offered by Virgin is so appalling that the majority of phone calls should really go to this level. Don't be afraid to exercise your rights and follow this process as all Virgin will do is delay and delay then lie and lie - I'm still awaiting a DSAR I requested over 9 months ago, which is way out of timescale, and was already awarded £50 by a Virgin Manager when I complained 9 months ago that the telephone agent didn't know what a DSAR was (in breach of GDPR). 

It's sad that the regulations in the UK allow companies to behave this way - please exercise the little rights we do have as these companies get away with far too much as it is. Thanks.

One key principle of GDPR is the right to access data - why is this right ignored by Virgin Media? Could someone please shed some light on this from the Forum Team? Thanks.

James - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/ATTENTION-anyone-with-a-complaint-i...

ignore the forum team, they are complicit in the lying and delaying, follow the process I have outlined in the topic above and go to CISAS if you want a resolution as Virgin will just try to tire you out if you go through them.

I cant speak for Virgin Media, but generally speaking any company can break rules because there are really no consequences for breaking rules other than fines - which are going to have to be paid for by the customer at the end of the day.

I believe when companies are fined for breaking rules, the fine gets paid from the business account, not from the account(s) of the person(s) responsible for breaking the rule. Therefore, ultimately it's the customer who pays for everything, including the company's fines, this is why companies generally just don't care. Again I don't know about Virgin Media, I'm just talking about business in general. If a complaint costs a company £5000, it's not the CEO who pays this. The CEO will just bump up the price and make the customer pay it.

Hi @unhappyconsumer

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, could you elaborate on the issue? I'd suggest looking through our complaints code of practice here also.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Unhappycustomer

Can you please confirm if you are the account holder for the account you subscribe to, or if this is held in someone else's name.

If you are the account holder, and can successfully pass data protection, we can seek to assist you with the request of a DSAR. 

What we would also advise is that we may not have all calls that are made into our team as there is only so long we can store recordings - due to the volume of calls we receive

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

My issue is Virgin Media ignore their own complaints code of practice (with regard to timescale adherence) and they don't adhere to GDPR either (with regard to processing of DSAR taking 9 months +)

I spoke to the DSAR team and they assured me it would be processed as a priority - I am still waiting. I doubt you would be able to speed this up as you would simply be putting a ticket through to the person I spoke to from this team.