cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Complaints Team - Do they really exist?

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin Media,

Do you actually have a complaints team? There is no telephone number, way to contact them. Whenever a complaint is raised, you close it without responding, or send a holding letter asking if I still want to complain (there is no reason for this to be part of your complaints process other than to delay the response and hopefully avoid giving one, which would be in line with my theory that there is no complaints team).

I opened my complaint last year and am still awaiting a response following having to re-open it due to it being closed as I was waiting too long for my initial response. As will all complaints, I request a Final Response Letter to be sent with your outcome, which is never adhered to.

Could someone from the complaints team please pop in and say Hi just to confirm their existence please? 

thanks,

An Unhappy Consumer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Why not escalate it to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS?  The whole purpose of CISAS is to resolve complaints that VM (and other telecoms companies) cannot or will not resolve.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

42 REPLIES 42

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin, look how inconvenient and slow webchat is. Why does the patient and kind paying customer have to wait for the slow and rude employee?

First response took 2 minutes 30, waiting for the 2nd while I've typed this post.

"Info

at 10:19, Aug 18:
We are just connecting you to Chitra who will be helping you today. They will be with you shortly.

You
 at 10:19, Aug 18:
Hi Chitra

Hello?

Hello?

are you there?

Hello?

Hello?

Hi Chitra?

Can you hear / read me?

Hello Chitra????

Am I connected??

Hello?

Hi Chitra re you there?

Hello Chitra???

Hi Chitra have I passed security yet?

Hello Chitra are you there?

Hello Chitra?????

HI Chitra are you there???

Hello?????

Chitra
 at 10:21, Aug 18:

Good Afternoon 

Yes you are connected I can see your messages. I see you are looking to make complaint. Can I know the reason?"

After 4 minutes, they try to avoid processing my initial request of raising a complaint.

You
 at 10:21, Aug 18:
take a guess?

Look at how long I am waiting on the chat

for a simple response

I want to complain about my chat experience yesterday

Also I'm live updating this chat to the forum

For posterity

Hello?

are you there still?

Hello?

Chitra???

Are you there still?

Hello?

Chitra????????

I hope you're ok!!!

Are you there ???

Can you help me please?

Hello???

Chitra???

Chitra
 at 10:25, Aug 18:

I am very sorry about the inconvenience caused to you. I will take this is as feedback and share it with the concerned team and make sure that you do not face such issues going forward.

After another 2 minutes, Chitra asks for more time? How much time is needed?

You
 at 10:25, Aug 18:
No I don't want feedback

I want you to raise a complaint with a reference number please

Hello?

Chitra?

You there still?

Hello?

Chitra?

Hello?

Can you help me please?

Hello?

Do I need to wait 4 minutes again?

before you respond?

Chitra
 at 10:27, Aug 18:

I request you to please allow me sometime.
You
 at 10:27, Aug 18:
4 minutes?

To respond to a simple query?

Seriously?

I wait two more minutes to be told  :

Chitra
 at 10:29, Aug 18:

Just to let you know I am still here. I am looking into your request and will be back with you soon.
You
 at 10:29, Aug 18:
You've been here for 10 minutes now and we haven't moved along at all

This is no better than waiting on hold to speak to someone

Can you provide some service to me please

I ragequit to try with someone else, Chitra was definitely trolling me by the end lol.

Chitra at 10:32, Aug 18:

Can I take the 1st , 4th and 6th characters of the secure password please?
The password I require is the one you quote whenever you call to speak to our team and not the password you use to access and view your bills or online account. I will send you a secure form to enter these details.

Chitra has sent you a Secure Form: [Cable] Security answer request
You at 10:33, Aug 18:
I'm ok
going to save the transcript then call in and complain about you specifically
/ e-mail
hope you're ok with that, enjoy the rest of your day
you've made me wait 15 mins to then ask me security questions LOL this is insanely unprofessional
Good luck with your future employment Chitra
Chitra at 10:35, Aug 18:

For me to access the account you need to clear the security without which I can not proceed further.
You at 10:35, Aug 18:
Why have you waited 15 minutes to ask me this?
when I have been on here typing the entire time?
Outrageous lol
Cya later 🙂

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Why not escalate it to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS?  The whole purpose of CISAS is to resolve complaints that VM (and other telecoms companies) cannot or will not resolve.

Awaiting my SAR from Virgin before I refer to CISAS, but great advice nonetheless. Also, I find if you try really hard to give the company a chance and they still can't adhere, CISAS tend to view them more negatively.

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin,

Why were you willing to compensate £50 for poor customer service in Dec 2020, however, now the same issues are repeated and raised again the Webchat would only offer £5 - £10? Is it because I requested it via Webchat rather than via the phone? Or is it more related to the complaint specifics?

I have a few complaints open so wouldn't mind resolving the smaller ones related to customer service in a similar way to previously (albeit with a higher amount - I believe in scaling punishments if you refuse to change your ways after initially accepting wrongdoing).

Thanks 😀

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, unhappyconsumer

Sorry to hear of your complaints journey. We do have a complaints team however complaints can essentially be handled by any member of the Virgin Media team. If you are not satisfied by the resolution offered by the firstline team then it will go to manager review and if still not resolved then deadlock. You can find out more here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

The resolution for one complaint does not mean the same resolution for another complaint as another solution might be more applicable. Also we'd advise again having multiple complaints opened because they will get shut down as duplicates. If you have an open complaint and have other grievances then we'd advise adding to the open complaint instead of opening new ones.  Your current complaint does show as an escalation, I can only advise waiting to be contacted as part of the escalation process. 

Cheers,

Corey C