cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Broadband still charging me 2 months after 6 cancellation requests

Tdowell
Joining in

I called to cancel my contract renewal for Virgin Media Broadband in April to ensure I gave the 30 days' notice period (as it was due to end at the start of June). After this was confirmed over the phone, I asked for an email confirmation of this to which I was told this would be sent to me.

5 days later no email confirmation I call again to confirm my broadband will be disconnected again and I'm told it will be and again I ask for email confirmation of this. No email confirmation arrives, so to make sure I don't get charged further following my last payment on the contract I cancel by direct debit. I get Vodaphone broadband and think everything's sorted. 

Surprise surprise I get emailed saying I owe £119 for the last 2 months of bills despite the fact my contract should be cancelled. I call 3 more times to which I'm told they will disconnect me.

I then launch this through the complaints portal where I'm then told no communication has been logged by me calling stating I want to disconnect my broadband despite a total of 6 calls to them! I have screenshots of at least 3 of these calls that show the number and duration. I'm being told if I don't pay this will effect my credit score and I should call again. Why would I call again when 6 calls hasn't yielded a different outcome?

I'd like this contract finally cancelled, for these additional fees for broadband services that I haven't been in receipt of as I've been with a new provider since May to be gotten rid of and my credit score to be unaffected 

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tdowell

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been having with the cancellation.

I am going to send you a private message so we can discuss this securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide