cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Breached my Contract making nothing but promises and lies

concise
On our wavelength

What the hell is wrong with the people at Virgin Media ????? I won my case against VM who tried to charge me £47.70 a month and ignored all my complaints, by the time it got to £205.80 I complained to  CISAS  who found that VM must honour the contract that I agreed to and VM confirmed in an email that my contract for TV, Broadband and telephone should be charged at £13 a month CISAS also awarded me £200 in compensation for all the distress it caused but still VM have not paid up and are still overcharging me and also trying to take £205.80 that I never did owe even though they admit it was their mistake Please Please can one of mediators here sort out the problem, I am at the end of my tether!!!.

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Contact CISAS again and report non-compliance with an adjudication. Whilst VM clearly don't care, it is within CISAS power to suspend VM's membership of the scheme if they fail to comply.  That's never yet happened, but if CISAS were to do that, then VM would not be in an Ofcom approved dispute resolution scheme, then VM would not be entitled to run a telecommunication business, as per Ofcom's General Conditions of Entitlement.  In practice Ofcom would investigate and potentially fine VM for being idiots.  You may also want to notify Ofcom as well as CISAS.

I'm sure forum staff will leap in to offer a solution - but make sure that they add on a decent goodwill payment for the ongoing failure to comply with contract pricing, and failure to abide by a CISAS adjudication.  I'd suggest an addition £150 would be appropriate. 

concise
On our wavelength

Thanks for that Andrew, According to CISAS VM have until the 20th October to get it sorted then I will be onto Ofcom for sure.  

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @concise thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

spell
Knows their stuff

I suggest upping from £150 to much more - this is massively serious and it remains to be seen if anyone at VM has the nous to recognise it as such

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@spell wrote:

I suggest upping from £150 to much more - this is massively serious and it remains to be seen if anyone at VM has the nous to recognise it as such

Well, to be fair, after the original post it came out that VM do have until 20th October to do this.  So they haven't failed at all so far, and I'm sure the forum staff will do their utmost to make sure things do get fixed before that.

Regarding the point about serious problems and whether anyone can recognise them, it's fair to say either nobody with authority at VM even knows, or if they did they certainly do not care.  The staff in this forum do a sterling job trying to save VM's sorry backside from a zillion failures of customer service elsewhere, but they have no voice in calling out the problems the rest of the organisation routinely create.  The management of the forum (whether people believe it or not) have made big strides to make the forum more effective in resolving problems.  But both forum staff and management operate under the dead hand of Virgin Media's corporate policies and corporate refusal to improve broken processes, failed systems and failed outsourcing.  And the forum staff and management are not going to risk their jobs screaming that the emperor has no clothes, when VM's groupthink really is that their customer service is both adequate and improving.  Better a moderately well paid job that is Groundhog Day, than speaking the truth and finding themselves out on their ear without making any difference to the standards VM operate to.  Put yourself in their position and this will seem eminently sensible.

In regard of VM senior management nous, well there is none.  Quarter after quarter, year after year, the company bounces along in the bottom quartile of the Ofcom complaints, occasionally managing to be the single most complained about company in all four award categories (broadband, landline, TV, mobile), although lately the title of crappest company is seeing some strong competition from the imbeciles of Shell Energy.  The company will have their own complaints data, they'll have an ocean of data on things like customer inbound support call numbers, calls per customer, call wait times, calls dropped, complaints, reasons for leaving etc etc.  There's the joy to be had reading Trustpilot*.  So we can see that all the data's there, and if senior management wanted to know, they'll know.  And therefore the appalling standard of service can ONLY be because either the board don't want to know, or because the board don't care.  Let's see what the latest Ofcom complaints data shows when published next Tuesday.  I'm optimistically guessing for a small improvement over previous Q1 data.  That complaint data's only to the end of June, and judging by this forum things appear to have materially worsened since then, so my expectation is a dead cat bounce for the data on Tuesday, before reverting to form for Q3 and Q4 data.

* Ignoring the shameful "invited reviews", which are an embarrassing and obvious attempt to fiddle the scores, and consist of idiots posting "Five stars: I foned vigin and them sold me a package upgrade it were good.  Fanks to Bobby fer takin my munny it were gret service".  Who are you kidding VM?

concise
On our wavelength

@Andrew-G wrote:

Well, to be fair, after the original post it came out that VM do have until 20th October to do this.  So they haven't failed at all so far, and I'm sure the forum staff will do their utmost to make sure things do get fixed before that.

The adjudication by CISAS was made on the 23rd September and since then VM told me that they used the £200 compensation to pay of the £205.80 arrears THAT I DID NOT OWE!!!,  their paralegal rep said they cannot be held liable for a system error.

Can they really be that STUPID to think that I should pay for their errors??