Menu
zbora23
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Availbilty in Darlington

Hi,

I live on the estate that has been build 5-6 years ago. The Pastures in Darlington. Unfortunately we only have standard broadband connection with a speed up to 3 Mbps which is nothing! We can't even get fiber from BT!

My postocde is DL2 2BZ, I have registred to Cable my street every year for the past few years and still nothing has happened. Is there anyone at VM that can answer some questions, every time I call they don't know anything. 

There is 149 properties that have internet at speeds 1.5Mbps to 3Mbps and it is ridiculous speed in 2017. I bet at least 70% of those living here would go to VM straight away ! 100 new customers for VM must be a lot ? 

Thanks in advance,

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Availbilty in Darlington

Hi David

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

In order to look into this for you can you drop a PM to me with:

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • The development name
  • The developers name

I can then pop this over to our teams to find out more for you 🙂

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Thanks again.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thanks for your PM, that's exactly what I needed 🙂

I have flagged this back to our Nex teams for your area and as soon as they get back to me I'll let you know what they say 🙂

Take care and speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

zbora23
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to present this map and if it could be forwarded to someone who can help.

darlomap.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

I've just had some feedback from the Nex teams for you and they have stated:

There was an active expansion job near this postcode but at present that job is on hold due to the delivery costs being too high.

I am sorry that right now we have no good news to deliver re this but if you'd like to check back in with us again in a few months we can ask again for you.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thanks for your subsequent PM.

I've passed your information to the Nex team. I've never been asked that before so lets see what they say 🙂

I'll keep in touch.

Thanks again

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi David

Thanks to your initiation and my tenacity (grins) we now have someone on the case. I know he's called you at my request so you're in the loop on this too 🙂

Steve has said to me:

This looks promising. I will be getting back to the customer within 2 weeks to discuss further. I will get back to you both with an update at the same time regarding what is decided/agreed.

If you can leave this with us for a fortnight and want to pop back to me I can email Steve for an update for you 🙂

Thanks again!

Forum Team

avu
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Curious to know the outcome of this? I live in this area also but as far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi avu,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

I can check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. 

Please pop me a Private Message with the following information:

• Full name
  • Full Address including Postcode
  • Developers Name and Development Name
  • Contact Telephone Number

To send a message, click on my name to the left of this post. On the next page, click on the 'Send me a message' on the right hand side. 

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information avu.

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos