cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Account not switched to new account

dinapatel
Joining in

Hi there, I had a previous contract that was active until a few days ago that was under my mother's name. Her account was under my email address as she was not able to manage that kind of thing. Sadly. my mother passed away on the 25th of June so we ended her contract and purchased a new one.

The issue is that when I try log into my account to try get details for the new contract or to log into the virgin media app it only shows my mother's previous contract details that says the service has been disconnected - not my new contract and there's no section in the help pages that have any information on how to fix this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Aaron2
Well-informed

My condolences on the passing of your mother.

in regards to transferring the details, this would need to be done via a call into the team at 150/0345 454 1111 and they can transfer it over. An alternative if you can't be bothered or just don't have the time due to work or such is waiting for a member of the forum team to pick this up in a few days and they'll be able to take a look at getting it transferred over for you

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dinapatel, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back in the Community although we are really sorry to hear about the circumstances in which you've needed to contact us today. I'm sorry to hear about your mum's passing. 

This is certainly something we can get sorted for you although it does mean we're going to need to transfer some information from the closed account, to your new one. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you and also pass data protection so I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dinapatel, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

We're glad things are resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs