cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Default on Credit File

Anatolie88
Joining in

HI , a quick story hopefully there will be someone to help me out with it. So basically I had two properties both of them on Virgin media and both of them on same monthly amount in 2017 one of the properties was sold and i called virgin to cancel it while the other was rolling , job done .After about one year i realised that i was still getting charged for both properties , when i called virgin they kept transferring me from one department to another finally i have been told that they can not see two charges on my account and that i need to call my bank and report it as a fraud , so i did and as a result i have a default on my account and later received a voucher with some money from them , joke .About two years ago i have send an email to  creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk but no reply at all , seems like i need to spend a lot on a layer to  get this done or is there any other way. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anatolie88
Joining in

As an update I've contacted them and I've received an update from the Credit Score Agency, the default has been removed.Thank you everyone for help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anatolie88,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still facing problems with your credit file, due to a default issued by us. Unfortunately, we can't assist with this directly over the Forums as we do not have access to the facilities that manage credit records and it would need to be a case of re-emailing CreditFileAmendments@virginmedia.co.uk with details of both properties, and the amount that is showing as defaulted on your credit file. It can take up to 14 days for a response.

Alternatively, and the recommended course of action, is to dispute this directly with the Credit Reference Agency that holds this default, for example, Experian or Equifax. The agency will contact Virgin Media on your behalf, and provide our team with all the necessary details. From there, our team would need to respond to their request within 14 days.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO it would be futile to dispute the default with a Credit Reference Agency (CRA) as they will tell you; at best they will advise you contact the data controller (Virgin Media) to correct the error or at worst add a note to the default on the credit file.

Do you have evidence in support of events described? If not consider making a subject access request for all data that may support your recollection of events here Online Subject Access Request FAQs | Virgin Media Help

Do email credit file amendments and should they not respond in a calendar month discuss the matter with both the:

with view to submitting a complaint.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Anatolie88
Joining in

As an update I've contacted them and I've received an update from the Credit Score Agency, the default has been removed.Thank you everyone for help.

I'd still recommend you make a short complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.  Processing inaccurate data is an offence under UK data protection laws, and VM have a long history of these types of failing, leading to people finding out that VM have reported them as in default when the fault lies with the companies appalling customer service, chaotic processes, systems and the resulting "dirty data". 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anatolie88

Thank you for your reply and good afternoon.

Absolutely great to hear this has now been resolved and my apologies for the inconvenience caused with this issue, I hope you have a great day and be sure to contact us if you do require any further assistance in the future. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs