cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Charges

Fraz56
Tuning in

I have 2 V6 boxes and wanted to upgrade to 360. The process and charges were absolutely clear therefore I went online to request the upgrade.

Then the confusion starts. I was asked to pick a date for an engineer to call so I did. I then received an emailed letter detailing my charges. the letter states clearly that in addition to my bill, I would pay £24.99 for 2 remotes. On that same letter however, it stated I was to be supplied with a 360 box and a mini.

I called Virgin twice prior to the visit to explain I did not see the need for a visit as I did not want the boxes based on hard drive capacity and that I simply wanted 2 remotes and the upgrade link to enable me to do it myself. The calls were really difficult as I tried to explain this as simply as I could. The upshot was that the visit was free so just proceed anyway.

The engineer called and handed me 2 remotes, upgrade done in around 15 minutes and he handed me 2 booklets. He said he was programmed for 2 hours so any questions but I didn`t have so he sat in the van for approximately 90 minutes.

Today, I received a bill and have been charged £30 for the visit that it states quite clearly in the letter was free. After 15 difficult minutes on the phone to billing, I had to write with a copy of the letter to an email address I was given so who knows? Why does it have to be this way?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fraz56 

I've moved this post to the account section of the board.

FAO the staff team who pick this up - the previous thread is here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fraz56

Thanks for posting. 

Apologies for the billing confusion. If you've got a copy of the documentation stating it should have been a free visit I'll be more than happy to help.

I'll PM you now,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Morning John

Thanks for responding. I have tried saving the letter as a word doc then pdf but the site wont accept these file formats. What will it accept?

regards

John

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM Fraz56

Just to update the thread, this was resolved via a call in to the call centre as I was on annual leave yesterday

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill