cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification email for cancellation of services

Denisestaples
Joining in

I cancelled my virgin media services 2 days ago but have not recieved an email confirmation of this like I was told I would, I have checked my account and nothing on there indicates I've cancelled. 

How long does it take to receive an email of cancellation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Know how you feel. A friend of mine did immediately receive an email confirming a disconnection would take place but no date was put on the email, nor was his account number. I.e. it was a generic email. He tells me his disconnection went through on the agreed date.

Are you porting a landline number to a new provider by any chance? I am but my friend is not. That's the only difference I see between our cancellation requests.

I requested a cancellation date of 20th February. Now 24th February and not disconnected. According to one of the Forum Team my services should be disconnected tomorrow 25th. This is akin to the 5 days difference (16th to 21st Feb) you have been advised of. The 'works order' is with the 'back office' as the Forum Team advisor put it. Apparently, from another source, (but no means certain), this may mean an engineer has to come and physically pull the plug at the street cabinet - and they are running behind schedule. That's my take. No help to you but wanted to let you know you're not alone!

I now have broadband and landline with BT. However, can't receive incoming calls on the newly connected BT line as something's gone wrong with the phone number port!  Happy days!!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Other recent topics suggest that the 'cancellation email' is something of a mythical thing (something that customers are told will happened as part of the process but rarely does).

Some cancelling customers have reported seeing a 'new order' (with no detail) appear in their online 'My Virgin Media' accounts which some have suggested is the instruction to cancel the account.

VM forum staff have been able to check for some that the cancellation is underway on some topics.

Usual VM muddle of mangled information and flawed processes. VM saying one thing but actually doing something else (or doing nothing at all, unfortunately).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told the same and never received anything. I only knew the cancellation was going ahead because I received a text every so often asking me to call a number if I wanted to stay.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Denisestaples

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to confirm a few details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Denisestaples
Joining in

So after posting on here about not receiving an email confirmation of services cancelled and getting in touch with VM yet again, I get told that the start of my cancellation has changed from 16th Feb to 21st Feb,  how? Why? So ok , once again told email confirmation well be in 2/3 days time, nope, so I ring them today to get told yet again I will recieve an email 2 hours , oh guess what,  no again,  why do they insist on lying to you each and every time, all different people,  I'm an so stressed over this, not knowing if my services have actually been cancelled,  and if they have then why has no one bombarded me with calls to try and get me back which always happens. I can no longer afford to be with VM and will be getting a freeview box and separate broadband,  I just want straight answers but that seems to be asking for too much from VM .😡😪

Know how you feel. A friend of mine did immediately receive an email confirming a disconnection would take place but no date was put on the email, nor was his account number. I.e. it was a generic email. He tells me his disconnection went through on the agreed date.

Are you porting a landline number to a new provider by any chance? I am but my friend is not. That's the only difference I see between our cancellation requests.

I requested a cancellation date of 20th February. Now 24th February and not disconnected. According to one of the Forum Team my services should be disconnected tomorrow 25th. This is akin to the 5 days difference (16th to 21st Feb) you have been advised of. The 'works order' is with the 'back office' as the Forum Team advisor put it. Apparently, from another source, (but no means certain), this may mean an engineer has to come and physically pull the plug at the street cabinet - and they are running behind schedule. That's my take. No help to you but wanted to let you know you're not alone!

I now have broadband and landline with BT. However, can't receive incoming calls on the newly connected BT line as something's gone wrong with the phone number port!  Happy days!!