cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT speed upgrade issue due to name on contract

Gazza7
Joining in

Just spent an hour or so talking to Virginmedia via WhatsApp chat trying to get my VOLT entitlement sorted. I think the issue is with Virgin as they have always (despite many amendment requests from me) had my forename down as just initials (ie: Mr Xx Surname - where Xx is the first letter of my forename, twice??)

Anyway, this had never been a problem (until now, when I'm trying to claim my VOLT broadband speed increase) and had been this way since VM took over from NTL, 15 years ago. I complained then and everytime I had cause to contact VM, i'd ask to have it changed to Forename Surname, each time I'd be assured it was scheduled to happen within a week, and every time I checked back it was still the same. It was only an irritation until now.

I believe this is what is causing the roadblock on my VOLT speed upgrade, so I spent an hour or so on Whapsapp chat going through the problem, again, getting passed from pillar to post and finially (hopefully), getting someone to get it sorted. Apparently, my name will be correct on my Virgin Media account in five days (we'll see, I was told this many times before),so I assume until it is my O2 and broadband VOLT upgrades won't happen.

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gazza7,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there's been some issues with your Volt benefits.

I am sorry that the name on your Virgin account has caused an issue, 

If this is a minor name change you can find out how to do this here

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex,

I've sent in the form, fingers crossed - I've been asking VM to change this for 15yrs!

Thanks Gazza7 🙂

Please keep us posted with how you get on with this.

Alex_Rm

Finally got Terri Triage to put me through to someone who had some Juice. 
My name is now correct on my VM account (now matches my O2 account).
No joy yet on O2 double data, but support took my Mobile number and said they would expedite it.
My VM broadband has now gone from M200 to M350, Yippee!!

BUT...
My TV package has inextricably changed from 'Full House XL' to 'MAXIT TV'  without any notice, and my monthly cost has risen by £1.50. This means I no longer have the Kids Channels (they were included under Full House XL but are now a £5 'extra') how is this even legal?
Not a big deal to me - my children are late teens now and I went through so much pain to get VOLT benefits - but might be an issue to others. 

Thank you for the update @Gazza7.

I am glad to hear that the issue was amended in regards to correcting your name on the account.

I do however apologise about your experience with the TV package. Just to confirm, when making the change to Volt, did you also agree to changes on the package as part of the bundle? Were any further changes made?

Please get back to me when you can,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

"Just to confirm, when making the change to Volt, did you also agree to changes on the package as part of the bundle? Were any further changes made?"

I did not ask for, nor agree to any other changes. It was a complete suprise when I got the email (see below) notifying me of the move from 'Full House XL' to 'MAXIT TV'  my current bills were always £82.50, so my cost has gone up by £1.50 for less of a service.  

Hi Gxxxxx,

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.

Quick recap of what you now enjoy:

Your new package now includes:

TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt M350 Fibre Broadband

We've removed:

TV: Full House TV (XL)
Broadband: M200 Fibre Broadband

Here's how your changes affect your next bill:

Your next bill will be generated on 29th November 2021
Your next payment is due on 14th December 2021

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £84.00*.

Your next bill will be £85.26* which includes £1.26 to cover your changes up until your next bill period. There is also a one-off charge of 0.00 for installation or activation.

Thanks for showing this to us @Gazza7.

This should not have happened. I am sorry about this and I have sent you a PM regarding this. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @Gazza7.

Glad to have resolved this for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team