cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT package have to buy own cables 8hr phone calls no refunds

scu11y691
Tuning in

HI all my contract ended with sky back in march so i thought id give VM another go as a previouse customer for many years sinse it was cable then ntl then blueyonder then virgin had good service and upgrades with them

ordered the volt package got a good deal £85 quid all in giga internet and all the tv channels nice i opted for the self insstall as all the previouse install was here from when i was a customer last time would be a simple connect cable job done which ive done many times before

ok i recive all the equipment thru the post nice and quick 2 tv boxes and modem 

heres where we start the nightmare 

i need a piece of coax cable to connect to the wall socket where it comes into the house to the splitter cable supplied with the equipment tv box is all sitting under the tele ready to go i phone VM and say i need coax to complete the install .yes no problem how much you need i say 10meters should be good so if i want to move tele around front room i got plenty of cable to move around.ok its all ordered it on a 48hr delivery slot . ok at this moment i still have sky for another 22 days so i got plenty of time to get it...

4 days pass no cable  i phone back to be told yes your cables been delivered on the 25th feb call lasts some 30-40 mins gets cut off phone back explain the whole thing again yep your cables been delivered  tracking number supplied  confirms a parcel delivered on 25th  but i ordered the cable to install on the 26th so your telling me its been deliveryed 1 day before i even ordered it  they hang the phone up been over 2hrs in call so far

next day think its about 3rd april now the bill comes out they take 2 months  still my tv aint installed so im paying for a service i cant even install i phone up again and request retentions to canceal im paying for somthink im not getting 

i speak to a scotish guy called micheal in retensions who understands english and was very helpfull who goes over my account and says the cable was sent out but obviously lost he will order another  1 he apligigises and orders another cable says this 1 is also on 48hr delivery but cant supply tracking id he also requests to his manager that i recive a refund as ive not even installed yet but ive been billed 

2 weeks later none of the 2 cables ordered have turned up  i phone VM again go over the same thing and get transfered to more people explaining it over and over again 

another english speaking person who unstands what im saying NEL in the collections dept orders the 3rd cable but stats its gana take up to 10 days to arrive ok i explained ive been billed and he also request a refund from the collections department

back on the phone georga in customer services i explain all again she ends up telling me to go and buy my own cable and she will give me the funds it costs me to buy it back as credit and once i install it they know i havent used my cable tv so il also get the months refund back. for £85 give me a ref D9998255

i get my own cable and install all good im up and running i check my account a week later i dont see no credit or refunds phone them back 12/ april get thru to WATTIQ explain the whole thing again 30 mins later he CONFIRMS cables where ordered but NEVER SENT OUT

i was told by all previouse agents cables had been sent but WATTIQ  tells me none were ever sent so there all lieing 

next im now chaseing my refund ive been billed a whole month with over 8hrs of phone calls and lies about cables i get thru to arthur in retensions after another 30 mins he transfers me to technical as they issuse the refunds transfered to

rida customer support who knows nothink about why im transfered to her have to go over the whole story again place on hold again another 41 mins on phone still waiting ends up hanging the phone up

ive been billed from the 24th feb to 25 march £85 for a service i didnt recice because of all agents lieing can an area manager please look into this poor poor service from all your agents and staff i have recived  if i would have know i was to go and buy my own stuff and be on the phone for 8hrs i wouldnt have signed up at all also wont be recomending VM to anyone 

so can you please issue my refund and coax cable cost back to me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi scu11y691,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're really sorry to hear about the issues you have had with trying to get some coaxial cable delivered to you. Realistically, when you called to advise there was cable missing from your delivery, the teams should have booked an engineer for you at that point. 

As they didn't, and I can see that your Downstream power levels are not in the optimal range, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I also want to pass security at the same time so we can discuss the billing side of things.

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

no idea where you are going to take this as you already know that you have been lied to over and over - there is no way anyone within VM can send you a 10 metre cable - they do not exist other than when made by a tech at your premises - but the culture within CS is to tell you what you want to hear so they can get you off the phone and close the call as solved regardless of if its lies or BS and you have had both

regarding your own cable - thats not a good idea whatever was said about its spec - it may be ok its likely it will not be - its certainly going to change the input levels so your connection may be suspect - at worst if its lousy quality and many are its going to affect people around you - if that happens then expect a knock on the door from VM when they look into problems in your area

staff here can book a tech to sort out what you want/need - if you are in the first 14 days then they should do it for free other than that it should cost you £25 - whether they will waive that because of all thats gone on is their decision - no harm in asking

the money side you will have to take up with staff here although they may just push you back to the incompetent CS which is offshore

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Cheers for the reply tony id just like the money back for the month it wasnt switched on  as promised more then once and lets hope the 15quid amazon cable does blow there equipment up i was told to go and get 1 thats what i did all calls recorded right .i even said like after 5 phone calls if there is an engineer in the area just get him to drop a piece of cable in to make it easyer for them

Lets see if i even get a reply from a VM rep8

Hi scu11y691,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're really sorry to hear about the issues you have had with trying to get some coaxial cable delivered to you. Realistically, when you called to advise there was cable missing from your delivery, the teams should have booked an engineer for you at that point. 

As they didn't, and I can see that your Downstream power levels are not in the optimal range, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I also want to pass security at the same time so we can discuss the billing side of things.

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath bill adjusted and engineer turned up done some checks job done all good.

lets hope its all smooth from now on .seems like you sorted it out with a few simple pm message between us

what had taken over a month and many frustrating hours of calls to support that aint worth jack 

thanks again kath

Hi scu11y691

Thank you for the update.

We're happy to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

We're all well used to the phone staff giving poor advice to customers - that's just the normal way they get rid of calls - but this is a case where the lies could have introduced faults into Virginmedia's own network.

This is a seriously badly run company. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.