cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

pdampier
On our wavelength

I am on ooomph ultimate with M600, two TiVo boxes, a virgin media unlimited sim....  I actually don't use that VM sim but have an o2 150gb sim.

Can I not move to volt and get Gig1 internet and the o2 sim upped to 250gb?

if you do move to volt do you end up with a new 18 month contract? Mine expires end of Jan 22 and not sure if I will stick with VM after that as community fibre with 3Gbps internet is in our area.

I guess the situation we all seem to be in is waiting for 14 days to see if the false promises we have been given come true.

On this forum and O2 forum, I have only seen two actual confirmations of Volt benefits!

The lack of communication on here from Virgin staff with regards to this farce is telling in it's silence but I don't blame them as they are probably as confused as us.

Adrian_C
On our wavelength

Just had my O2 data allowance doubled. Nothing yet from VM, and their site appears to be down at the moment.

I applied for the Volt upgrade on October 18th.

richpaul
On our wavelength

@Adrian_C wrote:

Just had my O2 data allowance doubled. Nothing yet from VM, and their site appears to be down at the moment.

Same, SMS confirming from O2, and all upgraded. Nothing from VM, and no change.

Looks like the message via o2 app has been updated to reflect a bit clearer message, kind of implying that it will take 14 days to see benefits, also tucked away right at the bottom of Virgin's general T @ C's are details of Volt which says you will get a speed increase to next level, no mention of not getting if you already have package, so be wary of staff saying you have to pay to upgrade.

20211027_111901.jpg

Same here too.  SMS from O2 to confirm my benefits are active (and my data has doubled).  Absolutely nothing has happened to my broadband Speed. 

Web chat with Virgin last night with no result - not sure if it was the language barrier or just sheer incompetence but she was determined not to answer the all important question - when will my broadband speed be increased.

Virgin - if you are reading this (which I doubt you are), your customer service is the pits.

As you can see, they're telling me that because I have a discount on my package, I can't have the Volt upgrade.

I'm sure someone out there is paying full price for VM, but it can't be many, and I can't find anything in any T&C's that say if you receive a discount, you'll forfeit the speed boost.  

I've had my o2 data doubled, as usual waiting for something from VM.  The cynical side of me says that their sales team are using this situation to hit targets, because in my case, it's only £1 a month extra.

Proof in the form of screenshots attached.

vm total.png

Charlie
www.TCR.mobi

richpaul
On our wavelength

@charleem wrote:

As you can see, they're telling me that because I have a discount on my package, I can't have the Volt upgrade.

I'm sure someone out there is paying full price for VM, but it can't be many, and I can't find anything in any T&C's that say if you receive a discount, you'll forfeit the speed boost.  

I’d like to think this is just an uninformed Customer Sales person, rather than the case that discounted customers won’t receive it. Would really be good if a VM staff member on this forum could confirm please.

Mike6688
On our wavelength

Same as the previous posters. I got the confirmation from O2 a week after applying for VOLT and my data has been doubled from 80GB to 160GB. However, nothing from Virgin Media so far and speed is still the same. 

It seems the whole VM Customer Facing teams are struggling with Volt and are all trying to upsell!!

Nothing in the t&c's at VM, and nothing to say discounted customers can't get the free speed bolt..  Are the VM CS and Sales teams on commission at all, or are just really not been trained correctly... I can image the Manila Call Centre are only getting training via Video and emails etc.... but no excuse in the UK... 

So many questions so little answers or information from VM Staff on here, which is in stark contrast to the Staff on the o2 forum....