cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

Thanks for your post @tpmchugh, I'd be happy to look into this to ensure you've not been charged for the uplift in speed.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

del3165
On our wavelength

Phoned O2 and they activated the volt manually. I’ll wait now and see if the virgin media speed doubles.

Do please keep us posted @del3165,

Just to confirm, the speed would be uplifted to the next available speed, and not double - unless of course you're on 100mb, it doube to 200mb...haha

Kindest regards.

David_Bn

I am on a discounted contract too (oomph 600) when I contacted VM to enquire about the Volt upgrade I was told that I would have to cancel my contract and start a new Volt contract and I would be eligible for the upgrade but it would cost me an extra £45 per month and £25 pound for an O2 sim. So I'm sure it's not to hard to work out what my answer was.  

I applied for the Volt benefits in November.  I got the O2 phone data doubled on 28th November but I still have not had my Broadband increased.

Hi @djmagnifique,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

The speed boost is usually activated within 14 days- apologies that this has not been done yet. 

Can you confirm your name and address matches on both accounts?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ayisha_B Yes, I made sure that the name and address matched on both accounts before applying for Volt.

Thank you for letting us know @duncan60.

Just to confirm how did you enroll in Volt? Was it as seen here https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I'm looking to get an extra dim (O2) to take advantage of this, but want to keep my Virgin Oomph sim.

Is that possible or would getting the Volt upgrade disconnect the Oomph sim? 

Hi @backtothefuture.

We are glad to see you are interested in our Volt package. 

In taking us the deal, your oomph sim would be disconnected and an 02 sim sent out as a replacement. 

You can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team