cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

Vm are a disgrace. Not one response off their team anywhere on here. Surely there's a legal issue if they start making excuses as to why you can't have it? It seems simple to me, if someone has a contract with both o2 and vm then those folk are entitled to the advertised benifits! Why all the confusion is not sorted by vm is total nonsense and just the usual diabolical customer service we have come to expect from this lot. 

I have already lodged a complaint with both ASA (Advertising Standards Agency) and VM  if anyone from the Executive Relations team can be bothered to finally call me back re my complaint about this and getting 4 / 5 different answers to the same question....

At the moment o2 seem to be on the ball and VM have lost the ball, and gone home.....

Also good to see the CEO of VMo2 Lutz Scheuler doesn't care (as he ignores tweets from customers). nor does Jeff Dodds the COO... says it all really 

Does anyone know if accepting the Volt speed increase would affect any existing discounts on the Virgin Media account ? - Or affect the contract end date ?

@backtothefuture wrote:

Does anyone know if accepting the Volt speed increase would affect any existing discounts on the Virgin Media account ? - Or affect the contract end date ?

There’s nothing in the T&C’s to that effect. But they’ve been so incoherent about the whole thing, who knows.

I’m incredibly suspicious that everything I’ve seen (including in the confirmation from O2), has referenced being able to ‘cancel your Volt benefits at any time’, as if that’s an important legal thing.

Why would anyone not want a completely free upgrade… unless of course there is something they are hiding?

darkfantasy220
Tuning in

So I've manage to get the 500m volt package.

In the end I had to go though the sales team, and there changed the package to the volt 500m which turned out to be 1p more expensive than my 350m.

But I'm not going to argue over the 1p.

Just need to contact faults about getting an extra wifi pod, as I've already had one. (Been told to do that by the sales team).

Might want to ring the sales team if you can't get the volt package.

I have an open complaint with vm. I messaged them the day I registered for volt (19th October) and all they wanted to do was sell me a new package at more cost to me. 

I explained I had enrolled via my O2 so the speed boost should be free... all I wanted to know what when they would deliver the new hub as my next tier was gig1. "No sir you have to have a new volt package" they demanded!

I stuck to my guns and refused to let them change my package and charge me for it. They took hours trying to get my package changed but they always came back with the system doesnt let them without x y z of a charge. 

I asked them to call me on the 3rd November which is when the 14 day's is up to look at what happens next. 

I advised them I hope that the system can be overridden by the sign up through myo2 app and the speed boost automatically apply in the background. 

Vm explained the speed boost wont happen automatically and my only option was to take the new sale. But in Hope's of proving the customer is wrong they agreed to call me back on the 3rd.

Since then on the 26th October my O2 benefits went live and my mobile data doubled. Fantastic. Nothing at this point from vm. I continue to wait. Then on the 29th October and unexpected email pops up. "Thank you for making those changes"

It went on to explain how I've now been upgraded to gig1. No change to contract dates, other perks or price! And my new kit will arrive on the 3rd.

Oh how I look forward to my complaint callback on the 3rd where it is now taken to a whole new level. I have been lied to again and again. 

My reason for writing all this is simple. Do not be sold a new package by vm. Simply wait! if you have enrolled via myO2 you will get what's promised by the advert. Just wait the 14 days. Dont let them make you believe you have to accept a new sale to get your entitlement. It is disgusting what a sales person will say or do to just win a sale. 

Recieved my data increase on o2 earlier in the week, today i noticed in My orders that a "quick start self installation pack is due for delivery", also got an email saying that my my benefits will be active from 03/11 currently on the 500mb package. What is likely to be in the self installation pack"?.

CarDex2020
On our wavelength

@marc_L wrote:

Recieved my data increase on o2 earlier in the week, today i noticed in My orders that a "quick start self installation pack is due for delivery", also got an email saying that my my benefits will be active from 03/11 currently on the 500mb package. What is likely to be in the self installation pack"?.

If you haven't got hub 4 it will be that as you will be going to gig1 if you were on m500

I applied just over a week ago and today received an email telling me that my VM and O2 accounts are eligible, apparently my VM Volt benefits will be applied on 3rd Nov but my O2 Volt benefits will take up to 14 days to be applied.

For once this seems to have been an easy exercise.

charleem
On our wavelength

Hey everyone, just an update for you.

My new hub 4 arrived yesterday and my account is now showing as Volt gig 1.

Had quite a bit of palava getting to this point, but it looks like it's now sorted.  Originally they'd done the upgrade but had tied me into another 18 months, which would have meant that come April, I'd still be in contract and be paying full whack for everything with no way out.

Spoke to them again, they changed it so that the upgrade didn't cost any extra, and they changed it so my contract ran out at the same time as the previous contract.  For some reason they couldn't find everything previously on my account, so now I'm paying £2 a month less.  I do think the poor bloke I spoke to in the end was just fed up of it all, but I mean I wasn't too thrilled myself for it to have taken around 6 conversations with different staff to get a service that's been advertised on the TV and all over the Internet.  There's still a looming £35 charge on my account, I've been told it'll be removed, but we'll see when the bill comes in I guess!

Charlie
www.TCR.mobi