cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

And if you are on Oomph - just go away and don't bother us anymore.... lol

Don't know if I am lucky spoke to someone at Virgin Media. Initially they were asking me to sign up to a new O2 sim even though I said I am already on O2 and I am eligible for Volt benefits. She put me on hold and came back and got my speed changed from M200 to M350 for free. I can see now my package says Volt M350 Fiber Broadband in my Virgin Media app. And speed test done which now shows increased upload and download speeds. I am hoping she did this right and no changes to my monthly payments on broadband. 

Quick update. On chat this morning with Virgin and confirmed I would see benefits of Volt in 7 days so I guess we will see. Screengrabbed chat so If nothing in 7 days will continue the fight!

I have lodged a complaint with Virgin as its a bit unfair to tell customers already on Gig1 Oomph that you are not eligible for any of the Volt Benefits from either Virgin or o2.... if you have both..

Also it is very noticable the lack of communication on both communities from official Virgin and o2 staff, and it speaks volumes..

The O2 community is ablaze with people saying they signed up, promised at checkout of double data and speed on BB increase then to have the web page going round in circles or saying "Not in your area yet" or "You are already Volt"

Check the O2 community out here - there is also an update from O2 on current issues/limitations:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introducing-Volt-the-new-supercharged-service-from-Virgin...

(link is to another VM company so don't think that is a violation!).

One of the o2 staff have just posted some FAQ's and clarifications...

One of which is that if your on Gig 1 Oomph and have o2 contracts in the same name then you get the benefits of Volt - Fastest Speed available...

So in contradiction with what VM are saying...which is you get nowt....

yep o2 and VM are all one big happy dysfunctional family 😛 called Vmo2

Very useful thanks.

SavaSnoopy
On our wavelength

Well after days of having no updates  for you message on o2 it said I could enrol.  Have clicked the button guess I will wait 7 days and see what happens

Usual load of bull

richpaul
On our wavelength

Same, here signed up last week and nothing changed. It did say 14 days, but I agree the info is severely lacking in clarify from both O2 and Virgin Media.

I'm also not sure why you need to 'opt in' – wouldn't have been better for them just to upgrade everyone eligible for free and then just notify us. This rollout is all over the place.