cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT Bundle billing error

dannyb2100
Joining in

Hello,

We recently moved to a VOLT bundle (02 Sim + Virgin stuff). I was told there would be two direct debits, this was fine. But the total cost would be as stated. (£95)

But the O2 direct debit is £25, and the VirginMedia is £95.

I'm guessing this is a mistake as I was assured the TOTAL cost would be £95. Looking at the forum this is *NOT* an isolated incident?

6 REPLIES 6

dannyb2100
Joining in

After spending over an hour on the phone and attempting to resolve this. 

The person initially said, "That's your total price £95+£25 as there have been price rises".

But luckily we went through live chat via WhatsApp to upgrade from the previous package, and I have documented evidence to say the full price was £95 - inclusive of the O2 cost.

The person has apparently referred this to their manager and is going to look into it. Time will tell...

Hello dannyb2100,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the Volt Bundle.

I would like to check this is okay for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you. Have replied with the requested information. 

I have spoken to the live chat agent via WhatsApp

"Okay I do understand your concern and I can raise a dissatisfaction case on this as well however you check on the contract as well the O2 charges and the Virgin media charges are mentioned separately if you scroll down on the contact you will find the O2 charges mentioned and that is not included with the package. Even if the dissatisfaction case is raised it will be closed a resolved since it is mentioned in the contract and also there was 14 days cooling off period where you had the option to cancel the services as well. We will not be able to make any changes to the contract right now."

So they're trying to tell me I should have noticed they were going to bill me A MONTH in advance of the wrong amount? They're billing me the WRONG amount, I was told that it would be £95 IN TOTAL, *NOT* £120! 

This is becoming REALLY annoying and has taken a LARGE amount of my time!

C'mon forum staff, we know you can sort this. 

An offer at £95 that has been accepted is legally binding, you know that as well as we do.  Either this gets sorted out (including backdating it, plus a goodwill gesture of say £45) or I can explain to dannyb2100 how to get a formal complaint raised and if need be the fast track to CISAS.  It's all pretty black and white, a visit to CISAS would result in the customer's complaint being upheld, and cost VM several hundred quid in case fees. 

dannyb2100
Joining in

Had a reply from Gareth_L on the forum staff. 
Hopefully getting resolved and set to the correct amount.