cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM won't honour deal agreed with rep

peterfelgate
Tuning in

I arranged a new deal with a VM rep two days ago.  I repeatedly asked (and have the WhatsApp record to prove it) for it to be confirmed that the new price retained the two TiVo boxes I currently had and was assured it did.

Cut a long story short, after an engineer was sent to look at one box that didn't work, it transpired the second TiVo was disabled.

Now VM won't honour the deal and say I must pay extra for the second box!

Unbelievable!

9 REPLIES 9

peterfelgate
Tuning in

PS  I have been a long time VM customer and prior to this have had no real complaint, so this is disappointing.  

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@peterfelgate wrote:

I arranged a new deal with a VM rep two days ago.  I repeatedly asked (and have the WhatsApp record to prove it) for it to be confirmed that the new price retained the two TiVo boxes I currently had and was assured it did.

Cut a long story short, after an engineer was sent to look at one box that didn't work, it transpired the second TiVo was disabled.

Now VM won't honour the deal and say I must pay extra for the second box!

Unbelievable!

This subject gets unwelcome regular mentions on here. Refer below for a similar topic/answer and good advice from Andrew-G, one of the forum regulars.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Not-honouring-a-contract-sent-to-me...

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi peterfelgate, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the package/ billing is incorrect. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

OK.  Message sent plus a copy of the WhatsApp exchange where the deal was offered......

No worries, I am just reviewing this with a manager. This should be okay though as you have sent the transcript. I will be in touch as soon as I can. ^Chris. 

Any news on this, as we have been without our second TiVo for several days now?

Please can I have a response.  I really don't want to start involving the ombudsman.......

Involving Ombudsman Services is very effective, but also very slow.  You'll need to have formally complained to VM, and either:

1) VM have sent you a resolution letter, you're still not happy and have asked for and received a "deadlock letter", or

2) Eight weeks have passed since you made the formal complaint and for any reason you're still unhappy (no deadlock letter needed). 

Give it a day or two, see what the staff come back with, which should be that the company honour the agreed terms, and offer a goodwill gesture of say £50.  If they don't do both of those, then formally complain, and set your expectations that you'll need to go to the ombudsman.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Chris_W1 wrote:

No worries, I am just reviewing this with a manager. This should be okay though as you have sent the transcript. I will be in touch as soon as I can. ^Chris. 

but - BUT and again BUT - i thought you could not look at package changes on here - thats whats said many times and before you say this is not a package change dont or i may search for other identical posts where its been stated you [VM staff] cannot

of course we all know you can do what you are doing here just as you can look at other things that you say you cannot - leaving for example where the world class CS that is offshore refuse to engage by hanging up

Tony.
Sacked VIP