Menu
Plainfool
Joining in
Message 61 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM roll out schedule

Hi Kath

Any ideas what's happening at PA33TF?

All the pavements were dug up months ago, cabinets are there and letters through the door saying virgin was coming to the area soon. But I don't even think the actual cable is in yet?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 62 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard120, 

Thanks for your post and I understand it's frustrating not having VM services in your area however we're simply not able to install everyone. 

Not all of our buildings are located in an area that is supported by a Virgin Media Network. In order for us to provide services to our office, the network would already need to be in place. Due to this, some of our offices don't run on the Virgin Media network.

If things change we will of course let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 63 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazzlew, dontrun and plainfool.

Thanks for your postcodes and we do appreciate it's frustrating when you can see work going on in the area but no further updates. 

Once cables are laid, there's a lot of back end work we need to do to get things up and running. 

We'll need to update all our systems, there'll be further work outside of the street to connect you to the head end and then there will be other things involved such as meetings with the council, and energy providers. 

The good news is all the postcodes given are on the system so it shouldn't be too much longer now. 

As we can provide you with a date, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Safcladuk
Joining in
Message 64 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Gotta think Virgin don’t help them selves by posting leaflets in our letter boxes saying services coming soon! The publics idea of soon and Virgin are obviously two very different lengths of time! It would be so much easier if Virgin could give a base time line in that leaflet, ie. from us installing the cables we normally expect services to become available Ian around 3, 5, 7mo tbs etc.

that way you don’t get people like us who actually want to be customers don’t badger asking every five minutes! If it’s gonna be at least 5-7 months on average let us know those time frames so we can turn the interest level down abit until closer to that time window. If you then do it sooner you can message us....

‘’common sense really

0 Kudos
jfewings
Joining in
Message 65 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

My council said that they were in talks to roll o ut VM to our area, then it all went quiet and then I was told I must have misunderstood.

Maybe you can tell me when the infrastructure will be laid down at PO17 5NU?

0 Kudos
dannyb1
Joining in
Message 66 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Hello do you know if there are any plans to roll out to PO20 2JF anytime soon.

0 Kudos
davemac123
Up to speed
Message 67 of 335
Flag for a moderator

have you resistered at    cable my street         that might tell you there

0 Kudos
dannyb1
Joining in
Message 68 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Yes been doing it for 2yrs and always the same result. It's only that I see a VM engineer about 3 miles away laying the new cable in that area.

I did ask him if he knew to which he said he didn't know about my area but was going about 5 miles away from me next.

0 Kudos
davemac123
Up to speed
Message 69 of 335
Flag for a moderator

if you wait 3 to 5 days a forum team member will get back to you 

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 70 of 335
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannyb1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Currently it doesn't look as though we have plans to come to your area. As the work is being done not so far away, it's unlikely we'll be back either. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos