Menu
davemac123
Up to speed
Message 51 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM roll out schedule

hi saf     well  my ave was started last july   still waiting   karen of the forum   says it is now   about may  when they continue    so be patient relax   and calm down   i had virgin at last house       well worth waiting for    good luck

0 Kudos
echo44
Joining in
Message 52 of 318
Flag for a moderator

HI Karen 

Hi, Would it be possible for you to give me an estimate for my postcode? Ch46 2RL 

0 Kudos
hornet156
Joining in
Message 53 of 318
Flag for a moderator

hi, my street was cabled around November time but I'm still unable to sign up would you have a rough timescale of when i could order?

as my bt contract has run out and i need to know whether to resign for wait for the VM 

my postcode is 

CT10 2NG

cheers

0 Kudos
dontrun
Joining in
Message 54 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please could you check and confirm when Virgin services will be available for ST5 0NG?

I had a letter from Virgin Media on 13th February 2017 saying our street would be connected in "the next few weeks". Engineers came out and dug up the street outside my house on 28th February (which lasted several days) and installed one of the silver cabinets on the street.

They then returned and did some more work on the street on 7th November 2017, however I have been checking almost daily and Virgin is still not available for my postcode almost 1 year on from when the original work commenced.

Please could you confirm if it will ever become available for my postcode? (For info - I have registered with Cable My Street several times but never received any updates)

Many thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 55 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to those of you who are new. 

Once cables are laid, there's a lot of back end work we need to do to get things up and running. 

We'll need to update all our systems, there'll be further work outside of the street to connect you to the head end and then there will be other things involved such as meetings with the council, and energy providers. 

It does take a while and as soon as we can provide you with a date, we'll let you know.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fifetojo
Joining in
Message 56 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Hi could i please ask about the rollout to postcode KY11 4BD.

The virgin media cable crew were close to my street last year, but seem to have worked south.

Checking the planned Scottish roadworks in the area gives no hits, so hoping they're not cutting the touted install to the majority of the town short.

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 57 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Hi fifetojo,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some streets have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 

We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. Checking your postcode, I'm not seeing any plans to extend to you for now. 

As soon as there are plans to install your area we shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Richard120
Joining in
Message 58 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Could you provide me with some information on who provides internet support to the Virgin Media HQ in Hook. The reason I ask is the village of Hook is not on the roll out plan which frustrates the villagers and businesses as we provide your workforce

0 Kudos
dazzlew
Joining in
Message 59 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, I've moved to a newbuild estate which has VM all around must be over a hundred houses. Any plans to cable us up?

WN36GR Blundells Wood
0 Kudos
dontrun
Joining in
Message 60 of 318
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Please could you check and confirm when Virgin services will be available for ST5 0NG?

I had a letter from Virgin Media on 13th February 2017 saying our street would be connected in "the next few weeks". Engineers came out and dug up the street outside my house on 28th February (which lasted several days) and installed one of the silver cabinets on the street.

They then returned and did some more work on the street on 7th November 2017, however I have been checking almost daily and Virgin is still not available for my postcode almost 1 year on from when the original work commenced.

Please could you confirm if it will ever become available for my postcode? (For info - I have registered with Cable My Street several times but never received any updates)

Many thanks

Chris

0 Kudos