cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM not taking my direct debit payment

Ronmakh
Tuning in

I changed banks in September, and updated the new direct debit on the VM website, as instructed. I received an email to confirm the new DD instruction had been set up. 

Despite that, no DD was taken in October. I didn't receive any email or text about my payment not being made.

The new bill came, and I am now being charged a late payment fee. 

I spoke to two CS agents, first one mentioning I have made the payment (I am clearly not) and no balance in place in my account.

The second CS agents mentioned that, the DD will take one or two billing cycles to reflect on my account, but there was not any page mentioning about this information when I was changing my DD details. And the CS agent mentioned that I should check every month that the payment has gone through but that is kind of defeating the purpose of setting a DD in the first place.

More importantly, I did not receive any email or text saying the payment has failed on October, else I would have made the manual payment.

Can someone please confirm that the DD is actually in place and how do I waive the late payment fee as I didnt even know the payment failed the first time? 

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ronmakh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that there were issues when changing your details. Depending on when the Direct Debit payment was due to be taken, depends on which details we would use. The online page does advise this. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

I have received an email confirmation about my direct debit account setup 12 days before my payment due for next month. The information is also successfully updated in the VM website before the payment collection date.

I've had no warning that they weren't going to take the payment and no text/ email/ call when the payment for last month didnt go through. 

And today, I have received a bill with 2 monthly charges on and a late payment charge.

I don't want to be penalised just because I changed my debit details, and I have the confirmation email that the debit account is setup.

Please advise, thank you.

Hi Ronmakh, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad that I've been able to resolve things for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs