cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM not taking my Direct Debit

SamBev
Tuning in

Hoping one of the forum team can help get this sorted because I can't get through to customer service. 

I changed banks in June, and updated the new direct debit on the VM website, as instructed. I received an email to confirm the new DD instruction had been set up. 

Despite that, no DD was taken in either July or August, so I made manual payments. I also spoke to a CS agent who confirmed the DD was in place... which it isn't. 

I've since re-entered the details.I'm trying to pay you in a way that doesn't require me to sit on the phone endlessly (Liberty Media is AWFUL in general). 

Can someone please confirm that the DD is actually in place? It should be simple. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SamBev 

It can take a day or two for a member of the forum team to pick this and see if they can help you.

Just in case there are further complications  there is a dedicated automated payment line so you don't need to be sat on the phone all day. 

It's 0800 064 3777 and is available to use all day, every day.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SamBev 

It can take a day or two for a member of the forum team to pick this and see if they can help you.

Just in case there are further complications  there is a dedicated automated payment line so you don't need to be sat on the phone all day. 

It's 0800 064 3777 and is available to use all day, every day.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there SamBev,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

To clarify, on your MyVM account does the correct information now show?

Let us know,

Kain

Thanks Kain

It appears to, yes, but I followed the same process a month ago without any success. 

Shall I give it a week to see if it's set up and then post again if no luck?

Best,

SamBev

Thanks - I've followed that route for today's payment

Hi @SamBev

I would be happy to check the account for you to ensure everything is set up as it should be for you.

I will send you a private message so we can do this securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Vikki - have dropped you a line

Thank you @SamBev

I have responded over private message for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

GRCam
Tuning in

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same problem - changed bank account and received VM confirmation email that all was in place but the DD has not been actioned this month by VM.

I do not want to get fined for late payment so should I pay manually this month or will VM take 2 payment next month?

Is there anyone from the Forum Team around to help me?

Hi there @GRCam, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see your direct debit has not been taken this month. We will only attempt to take a direct debit once you would need to make a manual payment for this month. If this is a cable account this can be done on the automated system by calling 0345 454 1111 or 150 off a Virgin phone. If this is a mobile account you can call 0345 6000 789 or 789 off any Virgin phone.

In regards to the payment failing, did you change your direct debit more than 5 days before the payment was due? If it was less than 5 days we would not try taking from the new details you had given the team as we send the request to the bank around 5 days before the draw date so they can arrange for the money to be given on the date specified.

I hope this helps answer your question, if you need anymore help with this then please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules