cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM has added a default on my credit file but I have not recieved a final bill yet

donewithVM
Joining in

I have been going back and forth with VM for almost two months now trying to close my account. I initually contacted them to find a way to reduce my monthly bill due to a change in circumstances but no help was offered. I found a cheaper service elsewhere so I requested that my account be closed, I had an outstanding balance but eplained that the most I could pay was £20 at the time. After going back and forth for several hours they agreed to the following: 1) they would restrict the services and a manager would contact me within 1 month to confirm that my account was closed and provide me with the final bill so that I can pay it or set up a payment plan if needed (they said if I needed to set up a payment plan it would be for up to 6 months or I could pay in one lump sum) 2) they said I did not have to do anything until I recieved the final bill. Since the 29th August, when I agreed to this and today (28th September) I have only been contacted by collections agents who had no knowledge of the above agreement. I was never contacted by a manager but today I recieved an email from experian (which I have an account with) saying that a default was added to my credit file.

How can VM do this when they haven't done what they said they'd do? I only know that my VM account was closed because I logged in today to see what was going on, I haven't used their services since mid August. They claim to have contacted me and left voicemails but I haven't recieved any and my phone notifies me when I've recieved voicemails.

I keep getting the runaround, agents contradicting eachother and claiming that I've agreed to things I haven't even heard before and at the end of it I'm being affected emotionally by having to deal with this with no resolution - they won't even inform me of how to excalate it or get a deadlock -  and my credit record is now impacted plus I actually don't even know how much I owe because I haven't recieved the final bill.

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @donewithVM,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with payments and your credit. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@donewithVM wrote:

How can VM do this when they haven't done what they said they'd do? I only know that my VM account was closed because I logged in today to see what was going on, I haven't used their services since mid August. They claim to have contacted me and left voicemails but I haven't recieved any and my phone notifies me when I've recieved voicemails.  I keep getting the runaround, agents contradicting eachother and claiming that I've agreed to things I haven't even heard before and at the end of it I'm being affected emotionally by having to deal with this with no resolution - they won't even inform me of how to excalate it or get a deadlock -  and my credit record is now impacted plus I actually don't even know how much I owe because I haven't recieved the final bill.

I would suggest you contact Citizens Advice to seek their help, as there's sufficient complexities in this case that I doubt forum members can offer much in the way of useful advice.  I suspect that the law will be on your side, but even with forum staff trying to help, you can't rely on Virgin Media to sort this out even handedly.  

Is it common on here for the forum team to respond publicly to seem like they're helping but when you send them the info they ask for they stop responding? At this point I'm going to seek legal advice, some people on here in similar situations seem to have had their issues drag on for longer than I'm willing to deal with.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @donewithVM, and I'm sorry you've not yet been issued with a response from my colleague.

It would be worth noting that we don't offer an instant messaging service on our Community Forums, and this means responses may on occasion take some time to come through.

It's also worth noting that to accommodate a service at weekends, our team would need to take roted days off during the week - meaning messages could go without a response for up to 72 hours. 

If in the circumstance of absence, if an agent has been offline, or is scheduled to be offline for over 72 hours, private messages would then be forwarded onto another member of the team to pick up.

Do please allow my colleague time to respond.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn