cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM fails to take DD payment and imposes late fee - no warning!

girlsparked
Joining in

I've just received an email from VM suggesting that a £7.50 late payment fee will be imposed on my next bill.

In the middle of last month, I changed my Direct Debit details online from my bank account to my partner's. It has been confirmed by my partner's bank that the DD is in place at their end, and has been since comfortably before the payment date of the 23rd.

To our complete shock and frustration, VM has simply not collected the money due as usual, but did nothing at the time to advise us that there was any issue or difficulty in processing this month's payment.

We would of course have simply made a manual payment instead had we been given ANY notice or indication that there was an issue.

Could a VM staff member please look into this to check that a) the Direct Debit is in place going forward and b) consider reversal of what we believe to be a grossly unfair charge given that no notification of an outstanding payment was given to give us the opportunity to avoid a penalty.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi girlsparked,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear there's been some confusion regarding your direct debit and payments. 

So I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm