cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM error means charging me more and changing my contract £

lomond82
Tuning in

Realised I messaged Steven VM via inbox and not on a post so trying again. 

Long and short is an adviser went into my account a couple of weeks ag in error and decided to disconnect me not the person they were speaking to. I lost my service and spent days and hours a. Finding out what happened. B. Getting service re instated c. Had to take day off for engineer to attend premises 4 days later to reinstate phone. I hadn’t contact VM, I wasn’t moving this was all down to VM error I am paying the price literally plus wasted man hours trying to get you to see what I am seeing.

Nothing should have happened to my account but it did. I have my latest bill and let’s just ignore the goodwill credits as it actually has nothing to do with that.

my monthly package that I signed a contract for was £58 less 24 discount do I was paying £34 a month.

from 1st March I was notified £4 price increase my package was now £62 less £24 discount (till oct 22) so bill now £38

everythung is right at this point screen shots attached.

then virgin happened and as you know it could have been anyones account your advisor went into in error and disconnected but it was mine.

so we agree my bills were with price increase and still should be £38 - yes!

we agree I haven’t changed anything so bill shouldn’t change - yes?

well the disconnection has resulted in credit being put through for “services cancelled” 89.08 fair enough you switch it back on and I’ll get charged to reinstate a osckage and account I did cancel of 89.08…..alas no. Virgin media have processed for charges added ?!? £105.68 resulting in me being charged £16.60 basically for you to disconnect me. Screenshot attached.

at this initial point on the first day I contacted VM I was told I’d have a credit of £34 put through (previous monthly charge). It doesn’t take a genius to work out if a clients bill is £38 and we credit her £34 she owes £4. So I WONT  be paying the £16.60 for starters.

next point m. I agreed to continue with VM and signed up to a £58 package that due to 1st March increase is now £62 less my 24 discount so £38. In fixing YOUR ERROR you have changed my package to now be £47 a month. I have to pay £9 more a month for YOUR ERROR. No the discount was £24 a month not the £15 you have changed it to. I didn’t breach my contract, I didn’t change the terms, actually I changed nothing this was all VMs error. Again see screen shot 

verbally I tried to explain your error but kept getting told it was correct or did I want to change my package or see if there was a bettter deal - Sorry! My complaint raised the answer (see attached) is my package IS £47 if I want to reduce it to £38 phone….I don’t want to reduce it I want it out back to how it was (see email reply)

you will be glad to here the words finally.

finally see when your advisor decided to go into my account in error and shut it down and cause me all this hassle when you put me “back on” you’ve not only decided bugger it let’s charge her more you’ve also changed my address

i don’t have time to sit in the phone or the web chat again but felt I had to put this in black and white to show you VM yiur errors

8584C4C5-528E-496B-844E-376CD173196B.jpeg

086724F1-37F8-462A-80D2-EDFF1294200B.png

ECC40AE8-888A-4EA8-88B2-65A83F49AB75.jpeg

20C7E37F-598F-4497-93AA-3A173CDA7498.jpeg

41826451-86CC-49F6-BBEA-D0985FFAF958.png

E55B2D6B-AB06-4189-BCE2-0E2534E9E626.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've flagged for staff to pick this up.  The outcome should be that you are put back on the deal you were on, you get compensation for the incompetent and wrongful disconnection, and additionally for the incompetent resolution of their own bungling.  I'd suggest that you're looking at £70 for each of those as a minimum, which I'd round up to £150.  Don't settle for less.

If this isn't sorted out amicably including agreed compensation then I'll explain how to march VM to the industry adjudication scheme CISAS, where they will be forced to do this, and then they'll get a bill of several hundred quid for the adjudication service (always free to you to use). 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've flagged for staff to pick this up.  The outcome should be that you are put back on the deal you were on, you get compensation for the incompetent and wrongful disconnection, and additionally for the incompetent resolution of their own bungling.  I'd suggest that you're looking at £70 for each of those as a minimum, which I'd round up to £150.  Don't settle for less.

If this isn't sorted out amicably including agreed compensation then I'll explain how to march VM to the industry adjudication scheme CISAS, where they will be forced to do this, and then they'll get a bill of several hundred quid for the adjudication service (always free to you to use). 

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lomond82, thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Sincerest apologies for this experience. I will happily look into this further for you, I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details first. You will find the PM in your Inbox, in the top right corner of the page. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thank you to everyone for their help. 2 hours later via WhatsApp my address is changed, contract re instated to correct pre VM error price and a small goodwill gesture to ease my wasted hours and frustration